Banding in Canon S9000 & "Head Alignment" number selection

I am getting bands while printing 4x6 Canon Photo Plus Glossy Paper.
I am using Adobe CS for printing. I did head alignment & nozzle
cleaning(not deap cleaning). Even after that I get banding. I updated
the canon printer driver too.

Am I doing anything wrong in selecting right number in "Head
Alignment"?
I selected 4,4,4,4,4,4. As as number increases the pattern becomes
more perfect.
At 7,7,7,7,7 lines become clear. Can I select larger number(say 7) to
be on safer side?

Pls let me know how to diagnoise..

Thanks
Ramesh
5 answers Last reply
More about banding canon s9000 head alignment number selection

    "Ramesh" <asnowfall@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I am getting bands while printing 4x6 Canon Photo Plus Glossy Paper.
    > I am using Adobe CS for printing. I did head alignment & nozzle
    > cleaning(not deap cleaning). Even after that I get banding. I updated
    > the canon printer driver too.
    >
    > Am I doing anything wrong in selecting right number in "Head
    > Alignment"?
    > I selected 4,4,4,4,4,4. As as number increases the pattern becomes
    > more perfect.
    > At 7,7,7,7,7 lines become clear. Can I select larger number(say 7) to
    > be on safer side?

    First I will assume that you have tried other images with the same result.
    If not try downloading and printing a sample from powershot.com . Also, how
    does the print look on plain paper? Is the banding still present?

    Regarding the alignment procedure it is of some concern that you state the
    better patterns are higher numbered. This would indicate a more severe
    alignment issue, but I am wondering if you are maybe misunderstanding what
    you should be looking for. When doing the alignment the goal is to select
    the box that looks *most* solid where the vertical bars are least visible.

    Ramesh <asnowfall@gmail.com> observed
    >I am getting bands while printing 4x6 Canon Photo Plus Glossy Paper.
    >I am using Adobe CS for printing. I did head alignment & nozzle
    >cleaning(not deap cleaning). Even after that I get banding. I updated
    >the canon printer driver too.
    >
    >Am I doing anything wrong in selecting right number in "Head
    >Alignment"?
    >I selected 4,4,4,4,4,4. As as number increases the pattern becomes
    >more perfect.
    >At 7,7,7,7,7 lines become clear. Can I select larger number(say 7) to
    >be on safer side?
    >
    >Pls let me know how to diagnoise..

    I think the intention is that you should choose the option with the
    *least* banding - i.e. the most uniform colour.

    HIH

    Mike
    Michael J Davis
    <><
    Some newsgroup contributors appear to have confused
    the meaning of "discussion" with "digression".
    <><

    Thanks for your response... I am an idiot:-) I selected the ones where
    the bars are clear...that explains why I am getting banding..I will
    try to night and see..

    In the past I have taken large prints with excellent results with same
    printer...I just forgot the alignment procedure..

    Regards,
    Ramesh

    "PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote in message news:<D3phd.28356$G15.2077@fed1read03>...
    > "Ramesh" <asnowfall@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > >I am getting bands while printing 4x6 Canon Photo Plus Glossy Paper.
    > > I am using Adobe CS for printing. I did head alignment & nozzle
    > > cleaning(not deap cleaning). Even after that I get banding. I updated
    > > the canon printer driver too.
    > >
    > > Am I doing anything wrong in selecting right number in "Head
    > > Alignment"?
    > > I selected 4,4,4,4,4,4. As as number increases the pattern becomes
    > > more perfect.
    > > At 7,7,7,7,7 lines become clear. Can I select larger number(say 7) to
    > > be on safer side?
    > >

    > First I will assume that you have tried other images with the same result.
    > If not try downloading and printing a sample from powershot.com . Also, how
    > does the print look on plain paper? Is the banding still present?
    >
    > Regarding the alignment procedure it is of some concern that you state the
    > better patterns are higher numbered. This would indicate a more severe
    > alignment issue, but I am wondering if you are maybe misunderstanding what
    > you should be looking for. When doing the alignment the goal is to select
    > the box that looks *most* solid where the vertical bars are least visible.

    selecting numbers arbitrarily doesn't work. Follow the instructions and
    select the best number from each area to input into the correction screen.
    Then run a few cleaning cycles and a nozzle check. Sometimes the nozzle
    check will look ok but you can still have some clogging. Printing a "purge"
    page can identify which color jets are not clear. You can download the
    purge file from MIS online. If you go to this website -
    http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html - there is info to deal
    with clogs and head cleaning for the I960 and some of it may apply to your
    printer. I have had experience with printing 4x6 prints on the I960 where
    there is a band that prints poorly about 1/2 inch from the trailing edge of
    the picture. This is due to a curve in the paper. If you experience
    banding only in that area you need to keep your paper stored flat and not
    leave it in the printer between printing sessions.

    > Thanks for your response... I am an idiot:-) I selected the ones where
    > the bars are clear...that explains why I am getting banding..I will
    > try to night and see..
    >
    > In the past I have taken large prints with excellent results with same
    > printer...I just forgot the alignment procedure..

    Easy mistake to make and believe me you are not the first. Hopefully this
    will correct your problem.

Printers Printer Driver Canon Peripherals