Kerry

I have recently switched computers and just noticed a difference that would
be small to most but causes delays for me. It is about the balloon text
boxes that appear when you have the cursor hovering above a file,
specifically an image file.

I am using Windows XP Pro on both units and on the older unit I can place
the cursor over an image file, say a .jpg, and the balloon text will tell me
the size in pixels such as 250 x 209. This is ideal for me because the
projects I work on call for a maximum width of 250 pixels so I can tell,
which images are the size I need and those that need resizing.

I have already opened a folder (My Documents) and gone to View, Choose
Details and ticked Dimensions as is the case on my older computer but this
seems to have no effect.

Does anybody know how I get the "Dimensions" to appear?

Kerry (UK)

Kerry,

From My_Computer > tools > Folder_Options > View tab >
Should be the second setting from the top "Display file
size information in folder tips"
Check the box to get the tips

Also you will need to have the second from the bottom "
Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items"
checked

Kerry

Hello Johnny

thanks for that but those boxes were already done and it hasn't worked.

Kerry

"Johnny_1" wrote:

> [...]

Could have been turned off in the registry.
From http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp.htm:
Disable Balloon Tips
Start/Run/Regedit
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersio
n\Explorer\Advanced. Modify or
create, "EnableBalloonTips" and set the Value to 0. To
restore set the Value to 1.

Could have also been turned off through a group policy
(XP Pro).

Good Luck,
Cheers