Sign in with
Your question

CPU Fan Problems...

Last response: in CPUs
January 5, 2006 12:11:37 AM

Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum. When I boot up my system, I'm getting an error message saying "Warning: Your computer CPU fan fail or speed too low."

Does anyone have any ideas? I know I can disable the warning, but is there a way for me to adjust the CPU fan speed?

Thanks,

More about : cpu fan problems

January 5, 2006 3:37:24 AM

The problem is probably this: you have the CPU fan plugged into the wrong connector or you have a cheap aftermarket CPU fan.

If you are using the heatsink/fan that came w/ the processor then you're fine. My A8N-SLI does the same thing. Don't worry about. Disable the warning message.

If you really really really want to be sure nothing's wrong, run Ai Booster (you should have installed it, if not it's on the Asus mobo CD) and check ur CPU temp. It should be at/around or below 45C for that processor. Assuming you have a decent case w/ decent airflow... You can also check the CPU temp in the BIOS.

-mpjesse
January 5, 2006 4:08:27 AM

Okay...I'll just disable the warning. I'm pretty sure it's in the right connector on the mobo though...it's in the CPU_FAN connector. Thanks for your help!
Related resources
August 19, 2007 7:25:46 AM

Quote:
If you've got fan speed control set/cool and quiet or similar then that's probably the cause.

The BIOS is probably set to only turn on the CPU fan above (say) 20 degrees .. when you turn on the PC the CPU is cool so the fan is off and it triggers the alarm. The CPU quickly heats up so the fan starts... It's probably not a problem.
September 4, 2007 1:16:34 PM

Damn, thanks - thats really handy info bboysil; very logical actually.
Ive swapped out my cpu fan twice now and was starting to believe I had power supply dispersion problems with my motherboard!!

!