Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Remote Desktop web connection disconnected automatically.

Tags:
  • Remote Desktop
  • Connection
  • Excel
  • Microsoft
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 18, 2004 4:49:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.rdp,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.clients (More info?)

hi.

do u know this symptom or solution?

environment
win2003. terminal service

client B
remote desktop client (exe)

though I set focus(activate) another application (example EXCEL.)
RDP Session alive.

client A
remote desktop web client (activeX control)

if I set focus(activate) another application (example EXCEL.)
always. RDP session disconnected automatically.


thanks in advance.

JIN.

More about : remote desktop web connection disconnected automatically

Anonymous
August 18, 2004 4:49:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.rdp,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.clients (More info?)

Please let me understand the problem:
1.You have two application running on the client desktop at the same time -
Remote Desktop (once started form mstsc.exe and second as a activeX Web
connection) and Excel application.
2. When you set focus on Excel app the session started using activeX
controller disconnects

Please let me know how off ma I?

Thanks,
--
Zenon Pilat (MS)
---
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
---

"ice" <yjwon@geomania.com> wrote in message
news:cfujk5$d5u$1@news.hananet.net...
> hi.
>
> do u know this symptom or solution?
>
> environment
> win2003. terminal service
>
> client B
> remote desktop client (exe)
>
> though I set focus(activate) another application (example EXCEL.)
> RDP Session alive.
>
> client A
> remote desktop web client (activeX control)
>
> if I set focus(activate) another application (example EXCEL.)
> always. RDP session disconnected automatically.
>
>
> thanks in advance.
>
> JIN.
>
>
>
>
August 19, 2004 6:12:52 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.rdp,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.clients (More info?)

hi.

do u know this symptom or solution?

environment
win2003. terminal service

in case of client pc B
remote desktop client (exe)

though I set focus(activate) another application
RDP Session alive.

in case of client pc A
remote desktop web client (activeX control)

if I set focus(activate) another application
always. RDP session disconnected automatically.


in both case
i have one application running on the client desktop at the same time.
EXCEL runs in standard local environment, not in terminal session.
mstsc.exe and activeX Web connection run in separate computers.

sorry for my poor English..

thanks in advance.

JIN.









"Zenon Pilat [MS]" <zenonp@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:e8EU2uNhEHA.632@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Please let me understand the problem:
> 1.You have two application running on the client desktop at the same
time -
> Remote Desktop (once started form mstsc.exe and second as a activeX Web
> connection) and Excel application.
> 2. When you set focus on Excel app the session started using activeX
> controller disconnects
>
> Please let me know how off ma I?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Zenon Pilat (MS)
> ---
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
> ---
>
> "ice" <yjwon@geomania.com> wrote in message
> news:cfujk5$d5u$1@news.hananet.net...
> > hi.
> >
> > do u know this symptom or solution?
> >
> > environment
> > win2003. terminal service
> >
> > client B
> > remote desktop client (exe)
> >
> > though I set focus(activate) another application (example EXCEL.)
> > RDP Session alive.
> >
> > client A
> > remote desktop web client (activeX control)
> >
> > if I set focus(activate) another application (example EXCEL.)
> > always. RDP session disconnected automatically.
> >
> >
> > thanks in advance.
> >
> > JIN.
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 9:24:13 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.rdp,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.clients (More info?)

so is the activeX session start ed from the same client as the EXCEL
application.

If this is true it is not the standard behavior, I never saw this problem.
Does the excel exits if you start Web Client?
Are you using same user for session started using mstsc.exe and Web client?


--
Zenon Pilat (MS)
---
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
---

"ice" <yjwon@geomania.com> wrote in message
news:cg1ctb$omq$1@news.hananet.net...
> hi.
>
> do u know this symptom or solution?
>
> environment
> win2003. terminal service
>
> in case of client pc B
> remote desktop client (exe)
>
> though I set focus(activate) another application
> RDP Session alive.
>
> in case of client pc A
> remote desktop web client (activeX control)
>
> if I set focus(activate) another application
> always. RDP session disconnected automatically.
>
>
> in both case
> i have one application running on the client desktop at the same time.
> EXCEL runs in standard local environment, not in terminal session.
> mstsc.exe and activeX Web connection run in separate computers.
>
> sorry for my poor English..
>
> thanks in advance.
>
> JIN.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> "Zenon Pilat [MS]" <zenonp@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:e8EU2uNhEHA.632@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Please let me understand the problem:
>> 1.You have two application running on the client desktop at the same
> time -
>> Remote Desktop (once started form mstsc.exe and second as a activeX Web
>> connection) and Excel application.
>> 2. When you set focus on Excel app the session started using activeX
>> controller disconnects
>>
>> Please let me know how off ma I?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --
>> Zenon Pilat (MS)
>> ---
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>> rights
>> ---
>>
>> "ice" <yjwon@geomania.com> wrote in message
>> news:cfujk5$d5u$1@news.hananet.net...
>> > hi.
>> >
>> > do u know this symptom or solution?
>> >
>> > environment
>> > win2003. terminal service
>> >
>> > client B
>> > remote desktop client (exe)
>> >
>> > though I set focus(activate) another application (example EXCEL.)
>> > RDP Session alive.
>> >
>> > client A
>> > remote desktop web client (activeX control)
>> >
>> > if I set focus(activate) another application (example EXCEL.)
>> > always. RDP session disconnected automatically.
>> >
>> >
>> > thanks in advance.
>> >
>> > JIN.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
>