Remote Desktop web connection disconnected automatically.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.rdp,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.clients (More info?)

hi.

do u know this symptom or solution?

environment
win2003. terminal service

client B
remote desktop client (exe)

though I set focus(activate) another application (example EXCEL.)
RDP Session alive.

client A
remote desktop web client (activeX control)

if I set focus(activate) another application (example EXCEL.)
always. RDP session disconnected automatically.

thanks in advance.

JIN.
3 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop connection disconnected automatically
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.rdp,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.clients (More info?)

    Please let me understand the problem:
    1.You have two application running on the client desktop at the same time -
    Remote Desktop (once started form mstsc.exe and second as a activeX Web
    connection) and Excel application.
    2. When you set focus on Excel app the session started using activeX
    controller disconnects

    Please let me know how off ma I?

    Thanks,
    --
    Zenon Pilat (MS)
    ---

    "ice" <yjwon@geomania.com> wrote in message
    > hi.
    >
    > do u know this symptom or solution?
    >
    > environment
    > win2003. terminal service
    >
    > client B
    > remote desktop client (exe)
    >
    > though I set focus(activate) another application (example EXCEL.)
    > RDP Session alive.
    >
    > client A
    > remote desktop web client (activeX control)
    >
    > if I set focus(activate) another application (example EXCEL.)
    > always. RDP session disconnected automatically.
    >

    > thanks in advance.
    >
    > JIN.

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.rdp,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.clients (More info?)

    hi.

    do u know this symptom or solution?

    environment
    win2003. terminal service

    in case of client pc B
    remote desktop client (exe)

    though I set focus(activate) another application
    RDP Session alive.

    in case of client pc A
    remote desktop web client (activeX control)

    if I set focus(activate) another application
    always. RDP session disconnected automatically.

    in both case
    i have one application running on the client desktop at the same time.
    EXCEL runs in standard local environment, not in terminal session.
    mstsc.exe and activeX Web connection run in separate computers.

    sorry for my poor English..

    thanks in advance.

    JIN.

    "Zenon Pilat [MS]" <zenonp@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Please let me understand the problem:
    > 1.You have two application running on the client desktop at the same
    time -
    > Remote Desktop (once started form mstsc.exe and second as a activeX Web
    > connection) and Excel application.
    > 2. When you set focus on Excel app the session started using activeX
    > controller disconnects
    >
    > Please let me know how off ma I?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > --
    > Zenon Pilat (MS)
    > ---
    > ---
    >
    > "ice" <yjwon@geomania.com> wrote in message
    > > hi.
    > >
    > > do u know this symptom or solution?
    > >
    > > environment
    > > win2003. terminal service
    > >
    > > client B
    > > remote desktop client (exe)
    > >
    > > though I set focus(activate) another application (example EXCEL.)
    > > RDP Session alive.
    > >
    > > client A
    > > remote desktop web client (activeX control)
    > >
    > > if I set focus(activate) another application (example EXCEL.)
    > > always. RDP session disconnected automatically.
    > >

    > > thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > JIN.

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.rdp,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.clients (More info?)

    so is the activeX session start ed from the same client as the EXCEL
    application.

    If this is true it is not the standard behavior, I never saw this problem.
    Does the excel exits if you start Web Client?
    Are you using same user for session started using mstsc.exe and Web client?

    --
    Zenon Pilat (MS)
    ---

    > hi.
    >
    > do u know this symptom or solution?
    >
    > environment
    > win2003. terminal service
    >
    > in case of client pc B
    > remote desktop client (exe)
    >
    > though I set focus(activate) another application
    > RDP Session alive.
    >
    > in case of client pc A
    > remote desktop web client (activeX control)
    >
    > if I set focus(activate) another application
    > always. RDP session disconnected automatically.
    >

    > in both case
    > i have one application running on the client desktop at the same time.
    > EXCEL runs in standard local environment, not in terminal session.
    > mstsc.exe and activeX Web connection run in separate computers.
    >
    > sorry for my poor English..
    >
    > thanks in advance.
    >
    > JIN.
    >

    > "Zenon Pilat [MS]" <zenonp@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Please let me understand the problem:
    >> 1.You have two application running on the client desktop at the same
    > time -
    >> Remote Desktop (once started form mstsc.exe and second as a activeX Web
    >> connection) and Excel application.
    >> 2. When you set focus on Excel app the session started using activeX
    >> controller disconnects
    >>
    >> Please let me know how off ma I?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> --
    >> Zenon Pilat (MS)
    >> ---
    >> rights
    >> ---
    >>
    >> "ice" <yjwon@geomania.com> wrote in message
    >> > hi.
    >> >
    >> > do u know this symptom or solution?
    >> >
    >> > environment
    >> > win2003. terminal service
    >> >
    >> > client B
    >> > remote desktop client (exe)
    >> >
    >> > though I set focus(activate) another application (example EXCEL.)
    >> > RDP Session alive.
    >> >
    >> > client A
    >> > remote desktop web client (activeX control)
    >> >
    >> > if I set focus(activate) another application (example EXCEL.)
    >> > always. RDP session disconnected automatically.
    >> >

    >> > thanks in advance.
    >> >
    >> > JIN.

Remote Desktop Connection Excel Microsoft Windows