2 SP2 questions

Can I use the XP and Zone Alarm (free) firewalls togethor or will conflicts
occur? I used the Network DL and would like to know the exact size of the
required files. Is there someplace that would show me the size that I used
for the upgrade? I tried the Add/Remove but it doesn't give the size.

BTW, since install, I haven't noticed any problems.

Hi Patrick,

Run only one firewall. For the Hard disk space question, this article
explains better:

837783 - The hard disk space requirements for Windows XP Service Pack 2:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=837783&product=windowsxpsp2

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Window XP Shell/User

"Patrick Murphy" <PatrickMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Can I use the XP and Zone Alarm (free) firewalls togethor or will conflicts
occur? I used the Network DL and would like to know the exact size of the
required files. Is there someplace that would show me the size that I used
for the upgrade? I tried the Add/Remove but it doesn't give the size.

BTW, since install, I haven't noticed any problems.

Thanks Ramesh, but which one? Windows or the free ZA? As to the SP2 size, I
want to find out the size of the file that was installed as I had been
keeping up with the Hotfixes and such and just want to know how much was
really used from the DL upgrade. Kinda the 'Express Install' version, if you
will. Any folders that you could point to, that would show the file size?

Thanks again.

"Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>
> Run only one firewall. For the Hard disk space question, this article
> explains better:
>
> 837783 - The hard disk space requirements for Windows XP Service Pack 2:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=837783&product=windowsxpsp2
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Window XP Shell/User
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
>

> "Patrick Murphy" <PatrickMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I use the XP and Zone Alarm (free) firewalls togethor or will conflicts
> occur? I used the Network DL and would like to know the exact size of the
> required files. Is there someplace that would show me the size that I used
> for the upgrade? I tried the Add/Remove but it doesn't give the size.
>
> BTW, since install, I haven't noticed any problems.

Patrick,

As third-party firewall such as ZA monitors outbound traffic as well, I'd
prefer that. Per the disk space exactly used, it's difficult to identify
unless you take disk snapshot before install and after install (and compare
the difference). It's not in one particular folder that's the problem.

--

"Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>
> Run only one firewall. For the Hard disk space question, this article
> explains better:
>
> 837783 - The hard disk space requirements for Windows XP Service Pack 2:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=837783&product=windowsxpsp2
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Window XP Shell/User
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
>

> "Patrick Murphy" <PatrickMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> Can I use the XP and Zone Alarm (free) firewalls togethor or will
> conflicts
> occur? I used the Network DL and would like to know the exact size of
> the
> required files. Is there someplace that would show me the size that I
> used
> for the upgrade? I tried the Add/Remove but it doesn't give the size.
>
> BTW, since install, I haven't noticed any problems.

Thanks, I'm using ZA as it seems to offer a bit more security.

"Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

> Patrick,
>
> As third-party firewall such as ZA monitors outbound traffic as well, I'd
> prefer that. Per the disk space exactly used, it's difficult to identify
> unless you take disk snapshot before install and after install (and compare
> the difference). It's not in one particular folder that's the problem.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Window XP Shell/User
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
>

> "Patrick Murphy" <PatrickMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Ramesh, but which one? Windows or the free ZA? As to the SP2 size,
> want to find out the size of the file that was installed as I had been
> keeping up with the Hotfixes and such and just want to know how much was
> really used from the DL upgrade. Kinda the 'Express Install' version, if
> you
> will. Any folders that you could point to, that would show the file size?
>
> Thanks again.
>
> "Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Hi Patrick,
> >
> > Run only one firewall. For the Hard disk space question, this article
> > explains better:
> >
> > 837783 - The hard disk space requirements for Windows XP Service Pack 2:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=837783&product=windowsxpsp2
> >
> > --
> > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> > Window XP Shell/User
> > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
> >

> > "Patrick Murphy" <PatrickMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message
> > Can I use the XP and Zone Alarm (free) firewalls togethor or will
> > conflicts
> > occur? I used the Network DL and would like to know the exact size of
> > the
> > required files. Is there someplace that would show me the size that I
> > used
> > for the upgrade? I tried the Add/Remove but it doesn't give the size.
> >
> > BTW, since install, I haven't noticed any problems.

Here it's EZ-Trust suite [ combination of VET Anvi-virus (EZ Antivirus) +
Zone Alarm 4.5 (EZ Firewall) ]