printing hangs terminal server

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

I am running 3 load balanced terminal servers in a Windows 2003 Server
enviroment. When trying to print the spooler hangs the terminal services. I
was wondering if anybody knows of a way to correct this?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Did you install any 3th party printer drivers on your server? If
so, that's the problem. Many of these drivers are not TS-
compatible and crash your spooler service, and sometimes the whole
server.

Uninstall all 3th party printer drivers, and map the local printer
drivers to a native driver instead.

239088 - Windows 2000 Terminal Services Server Logs Events 1111,
1105, and 1106
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=239088

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

=?Utf-8?B?S3JMYWFz?= <KrLaas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on
28 sep 2004 in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc:

> I am running 3 load balanced terminal servers in a Windows 2003
> Server enviroment. When trying to print the spooler hangs the
> terminal services. I was wondering if anybody knows of a way to
> correct this?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Thank you for your help.

"Vera Noest [MVP]" wrote:

> Did you install any 3th party printer drivers on your server? If
> so, that's the problem. Many of these drivers are not TS-
> compatible and crash your spooler service, and sometimes the whole
> server.
>
> Uninstall all 3th party printer drivers, and map the local printer
> drivers to a native driver instead.
>
> 239088 - Windows 2000 Terminal Services Server Logs Events 1111,
> 1105, and 1106
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=239088
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> =?Utf-8?B?S3JMYWFz?= <KrLaas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on
> 28 sep 2004 in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc:
>
> > I am running 3 load balanced terminal servers in a Windows 2003
> > Server enviroment. When trying to print the spooler hangs the
> > terminal services. I was wondering if anybody knows of a way to
> > correct this?

TRENDING THREADS