CDM Time Out

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

All was fine last week, Monday morning I put SP4 on our Win2K Terminal
server with Citrix Metaframe XP 1.3. Now "Users" logging on to the Terminal
Server are getting time out warnings almost as soon as they connect. In the
logs I see:

"The CDM redirector has timed out a request to SessionID 3."

Administrators have no Problems. And of course adding the "Users" to the
Admin Group is not an option I am looking for.
Anyone have an idea or direction to proceed?

Thanks for your time.
--
Yor Suiris
Remove the kNOT to reply.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Check if this helps:

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=70&eventno=908
&source=CDM&phase=1

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"Yor Suiris" <yor@hallgroupNOT.net> wrote on 29 sep 2004 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc:

> All was fine last week, Monday morning I put SP4 on our Win2K
> Terminal server with Citrix Metaframe XP 1.3. Now "Users"
> logging on to the Terminal Server are getting time out warnings
> almost as soon as they connect. In the logs I see:
>
> "The CDM redirector has timed out a request to SessionID 3."
>
> Administrators have no Problems. And of course adding the
> "Users" to the Admin Group is not an option I am looking for.
> Anyone have an idea or direction to proceed?
>
> Thanks for your time.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Well Thanks, that seems to have solved the CDM error. However I guess it was
not my Problem as that fix did not fixed Users getting a Session Time Out
almost as soon as any App is opened.
Might you have an Idea on that?

"Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
> Check if this helps:
>
> http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=70&eventno=908
> &source=CDM&phase=1
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> "Yor Suiris" <yor@hallgroupNOT.net> wrote on 29 sep 2004 in
> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc:
>
>> All was fine last week, Monday morning I put SP4 on our Win2K
>> Terminal server with Citrix Metaframe XP 1.3. Now "Users"
>> logging on to the Terminal Server are getting time out warnings
>> almost as soon as they connect. In the logs I see:
>>
>> "The CDM redirector has timed out a request to SessionID 3."
>>
>> Administrators have no Problems. And of course adding the
>> "Users" to the Admin Group is not an option I am looking for.
>> Anyone have an idea or direction to proceed?
>>
>> Thanks for your time.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

And no other Events in the EventLog?

Since it works OK for Administrators, one could guess that it is
some sort of permission problem.
I would download FileMon and RegMon from
http://www.sysinternals.com/. Run them as administrator, start
a TS session as a normal user and try to run the application.

FileMon and RegMon will show you all "access denied" errors
that occur, so that you can give your users the necessary
permissions on a file-to file or Registry subkey basis.

--

"Yor Suiris" <yor@hallgroupNOT.net> wrote on 30 sep 2004 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc:

> Well Thanks, that seems to have solved the CDM error. However I
> guess it was not my Problem as that fix did not fixed Users
> getting a Session Time Out almost as soon as any App is opened.
> Might you have an Idea on that?
>
> "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote
> in message
>> Check if this helps:
>>
>> http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=70&eventno=908
>> &source=CDM&phase=1
>>
>> --
>> Vera Noest
>> MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
>> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
>> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>>
>> "Yor Suiris" <yor@hallgroupNOT.net> wrote on 29 sep 2004 in
>> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc:
>>
>>> All was fine last week, Monday morning I put SP4 on our Win2K
>>> Terminal server with Citrix Metaframe XP 1.3. Now "Users"
>>> logging on to the Terminal Server are getting time out
>>> warnings almost as soon as they connect. In the logs I see:
>>>
>>> "The CDM redirector has timed out a request to SessionID 3."
>>>
>>> Administrators have no Problems. And of course adding the
>>> "Users" to the Admin Group is not an option I am looking for.
>>> Anyone have an idea or direction to proceed?
>>>
>>> Thanks for your time.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Turns out the Time out problem was only for New Users created after the
latest service pack. Those I had to put into the Power Users Group on the
Terminal Box to get them to work. While the "old" users are still in the
Box's User Group and have no problems.
Go Figure? I even did a copy from an exsiting profile (that was problem
free) and the new one times out unless it too is added to the Power Users?
Thanks for the input...yor