Windows Terminal Server

hans

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Hello
I have one windows 2000 server and i use it like a file and print server.
When i am access the server remote i use TerminalServer GUI and it works feint.
But i som case the session hang or didn´t close. So i wonder if there is a way to
get more and två possible connection whithout switch the server to a real
Terminal Server? The only way i connect is whith a Windows XP Pro and mstsc.

Hans

hans

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Hello
I have one windows 2000 server and i use it like a file and print server.
When i am access the server remote i use TerminalServer GUI and it works feint.
But i som case the session hang or didn´t close. So i wonder if there is a way to
get more and 2 possible connection whithout switch the server to a real
Terminal Server? The only way i connect is whith a Windows XP Pro and mstsc.

Hans

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

No, you can't get more than 2 concurrent connections in Remote
Administrion mode.

But if you want to avoid being locked out of the system by
disconnected session, set a short time-out limit on disconnected
(and maybe also idle) sessions in TS Connection Configuration.

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"Hans" <hbgremove@swipnet.se> wrote on 05 okt 2004 in

"Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> skrev i meddelandet
> No, you can't get more than 2 concurrent connections in Remote
> Administrion mode.
>
> But if you want to avoid being locked out of the system by
> disconnected session, set a short time-out limit on disconnected
> (and maybe also idle) sessions in TS Connection Configuration.
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---

Thank You Vera
Bra idee Vera du är påläst du!
Men det finns ett hack för detta.

"Hans" <hbgremove@swipnet.se> wrote on 06 okt 2004 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc:

> "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> skrev
> i meddelandet
>> No, you can't get more than 2 concurrent connections in Remote
>> Administrion mode.
>>
>> But if you want to avoid being locked out of the system by
>> disconnected session, set a short time-out limit on
>> disconnected (and maybe also idle) sessions in TS Connection
>> Configuration.
>>
>> --
>> Vera Noest
>> MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
>> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
>> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> Thank You Vera
> Bra idee Vera du är påläst du!
> Men det finns ett hack för detta.
> Hans

For the non-Swedish readers:
> Men det finns ett hack för detta.
= "But there is a (reg)hack for this".

I'm sure there is, but applying an unsupported hack, which also
violates the EULA, is not something that I recommend.