How to prevent a terminal user from running applications

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

How can i have a terminal user be able to log in and run a single
application but
block everything else for the user, such as start menu, any shortcut keys
that can launch
other applications? All i want is to have the user run a single application.

What are my options? Is there a link somewhere explaining the possibilites
of what i can setup?

Thank you

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Define that application as the starting application. The user will
never get to the desktop at all.
Make sure that there is no possibility to spawn another process,
like a text editor or explorer, from this application.
Or define that application as the only allowed application to run
at all, with Software restrictions (2003 only).
And use group policy and NTFS permissions on the file system to
further secure your TS.

278295 - How to Lock Down a Windows 2000 Terminal Services Session
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=278295

324036 - HOW TO: Use Software Restriction Policies in Windows
Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324036

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"serge" <sergea@nospam.ehmail.com> wrote on 06 okt 2004 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc:

> How can i have a terminal user be able to log in and run a
> single application but
> block everything else for the user, such as start menu, any
> shortcut keys that can launch
> other applications? All i want is to have the user run a single
> application.
>
> What are my options? Is there a link somewhere explaining the
> possibilites of what i can setup?
>
> Thank you

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Thank you Vera, I will check these out.