Blank Monitor Error during Multiple Display setup

Al1

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
HTPC Newbie. More than one error at the same time...
While setting up Multiple display on Video card, some how I selected an option that has left my Monitor blank (even when re-booted), and the second display - a TV - not working / no visible output i.e., blank/black. I cannot see ANYTHING on either Monitor (CRT) or TV. How can I get the visual back (so Ican fix my errors/continue)?

Config: Windows XP H, Asus P4P800S-E Dul; Intel 2.8G 800 fsb; 2G RAM; WinTV 150; GeForce Nvidia 5500; internet via 801.11g; Comp Monitor -5 yr old 20" Sony CRT w analogue 15 pin; TV -Sony 20" Wega with component input (supports PAL and NSTC with VCXR built -n).

The Comp monito was via teh 15 pin, and the TV was to be connected via the Nvidia DVI connection using a component connector - which I am still trying to -or was - to make work.

I have reviewed these postings (one year back) and have not seen any similiar issue. I am confident (NOW after reading Nvidia support pages) that if I had waited a few more seconds, the Nvidia it would have revered to previous settings. I have also not found a solution at Nvidia.

Al1

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
Resolved by using alternative connection thereby bring up second display and making correct config/setup changes enabling both displays.