kenya1546

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
Dispite the article bios from a-z I still have problems with my bios.
My motherboard is a FIC p4m 865G MAX. With updated bios

http://www.fic.com.tw/product/motherboard/1stmainboard_detail.aspx?model_id=124

I am unable to power up my agp,, my ram and my cpu.. That is. I can change voltage to my agp, to my ram or boost up my cpu settings. Its p4 2.6 800fsb so its should be able to take a bit more.
What on earth am I doing wrong,, or is it simply just not possible with that bios.
An help will be grately appreciated
Kind regards

Denmark

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
In my case I only had to unlock the cpu frequency to push my p4 2.8 to 3.2 and lower the ram freq to 333 mhz. Because when you're pushing by the fsb, ram speed will gou up as well. If you just want to do a cpu OC go that way. You can get it stable at least at 3.0ghz with core voltage at 1.6v, ram at 364mhz and fsb 228/230 x 13. Now, your board. Many boards have tricks to get the "special features". Try pressing Ctrl+Alt+F1; Alt+F!; Ctrl+F1, or any type of combination. If you can´t get it, try too look if there's any locked feature.
Try to post if you got lucky.

kenya1546

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
I have tried any combination that I am able to think of but none of them helped to unlock any features. That is if I understood you correctly. Those combinations are to be "entered" when I'm in the bios, right? At the blue screen.
I am also unable to find any locked features.
The combinations are they to be entered when I am in a special section of the bios menu?
I can take some pictures of my bios and menu for you to see if that would help you in helping me :)

In my case I only had to unlock the cpu frequency to push my p4 2.8 to 3.2 and lower the ram freq to 333 mhz. Because when you're pushing by the fsb, ram speed will gou up as well. If you just want to do a cpu OC go that way. You can get it stable at least at 3.0ghz with core voltage at 1.6v, ram at 364mhz and fsb 228/230 x 13. Now, your board. Many boards have tricks to get the "special features". Try pressing Ctrl+Alt+F1; Alt+F!; Ctrl+F1, or any type of combination. If you can´t get it, try too look if there's any locked feature.
Try to post if you got lucky.

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
I was in the site that you atached above and started to read some FAQs, as far as I know, it's not allways good to update the Bios (maybe the old one that you had was better for OC?); plus I read something about Bios password. So what may this be?? You can lose your time by trying all these things, but in your case I would e-mail or phone the manufacturer. I think that´s the best way to deal with it without loosing your time and patience. You can allways buy a cheap mobo like mine msi 648 f neo for 45€ or so :D

kenya1546

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
I did write the manu... reply was. we dont support OC and therefore wont say anything.
Well that was helpfull.
There is nothing about password in the bios. its just setting the password to get into bios or boot so.
And dont worry about your english, its just fine

kenya1546

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
BTW... The manual says something about voltage/frequency but the bios show no such thing. It should be in the root menu but its not. And neither is it to be found in any of the man sub menus.
Did that help?