liquid or air?

Igzz

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
I have a prescott 3.2 and big overheating problem. playng q4 = either slowing down, freezing or shutdown:) I need somthing to cool it down. My question is what is better, one of the best air coolers (Termalright si120) or entry level liquid cooler (evercool ec-wc-202). Also is this would be enough to overclock that cpu?

RichPLS

Champion
A good Air Cooler will keep it cool enough if not o/c'd much, I would keep price an issue tho, if your considering water and your cooler cost is $60+, might look into some low cost entry H2o kits if inclined...would only be $40 or less additional, and your cooling would best air a bit, and noise is considerably reduced.

Igzz

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
I can buy Evercool EC-WC-202 Water Cooler Kit fo $84.00 but my consideration is which one cools cpu better, SI-120 or WC-202?

Igzz

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
Big Water is to big. I have mATX case and i want to keep evrything inside.
Overclockercafe review shows that old ThermalRight ALX-800 cools 5 degrees C better than EC-WC-202. I belive SI-120 is even better. That's why i'm buying it.
Thx for help.

shata

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
Well im running a A64 3000+ 939 lapped to 2000 sandpaper and AS5 with a Zalman Pure copper 130mm Flower heatsink fan. And im running my 3000+ @2.3ghz and my DFI Ntune monitor says 31C after 20min of Prime95 so ya... its pretty freaking cool its about 18C at 1.8C (74F room temp)

RichPLS

Champion
I had planned on it in rear attached to fan, but too large, now it is outside. The PC-60plus is a compact mid-size case... I changed case from a larger one and added BW at last minute, and its a little difficult to read details compared to seeing parts in real life. But no biggie.
I am going to order a flowmeter and mount BigWaterSE on the inside top blowhole of my PC-60 case. Not definite, just thought of this a couple days ago, I haven't measured. All else fails, I will mount only radiator on top with fan in same location inside top panel, and drill two holes for the water lines into case from top panel, that way it would look flush mounted and really kind of cool. Either way, I am the type usually to take time in doing something right.