NT 4.0 Terminal Server

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Is Windows NT Server 4.0 and Window NT 4.0 Terminal Server Edition two
sepertate products?
I have Windows NT Server 4.0 installed and need to remotely connect to it
for administrative purposes, however I am not finding it nearly as intuitive
as W2K or W2K3 is to add TS.
Anybody point me in the right direction I would be greatly appreciative.

TIA

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Yes, NT 4.0 Server and NT 4.0, Terminal Server Edition are two
completely separate products. You cannot install Terminal Services on
a NT 4.0 Server without installing NT 4.0, Terminal Server Edition
from scratch.
Use pcAnywhere or VNC instead.

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"=?Utf-8?B?bHV2d2tuZA==?=" <luvwknd@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote on 28 nov 2004 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc:

> Is Windows NT Server 4.0 and Window NT 4.0 Terminal Server
> Edition two sepertate products?
> I have Windows NT Server 4.0 installed and need to remotely
> connect to it for administrative purposes, however I am not
> finding it nearly as intuitive as W2K or W2K3 is to add TS.
> Anybody point me in the right direction I would be greatly
> appreciative.
>
> TIA

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

NT4 and NT4 TSE are sperate OSs - NT4 does not have a terminal server mode
for administrative purposes.

You can do a lot through the NT4 resource kit, and administer almost
everything remotely. This is a good exercise in lerning how NT/Windows
works.

To get a remote session on the console, you can use any number of products.
PC anywhere, VNC, Netmeeting, RCO, etc.