Terminal Service USER CAL problem

FeliX

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

I have a Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server, and I added 6 Per User CAL
Token already. However, I saw that they are always available, and now my
users are complaining that they are getting an error message like "Terminal
CAL License will be expired in ?? days".

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks a lot...

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Is the Terminal Server (not the Licensing Server!) set to use "Per
User" licensing? The default is "Per Device".
You can check this from Administrative Tools - Terminal Services
Configuration - Server Settings
If it's set to Per Device mode, it will look for a Device TS CAL
and will not issue your Per User TS CALs.

Check this article, it explains that even after you have
switched licensing mode on the TS, your Per User TS CAL count will
not be decremented:

822134 - The Function of Terminal Server CALs in Windows Server
2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822134

--
Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server