Term Services Licensing server not issuing client licenses

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Good morning,

I have TS installed on a windows 2000 server that is a member server in a
windows 2000 domain. I've install the licensing service on a dc in the same
domain, different site. The licensing server has been activated and client
licenses installed. I can connect to the application server, but the
licensing server shows that no licenses are being issued. Initially, when I
was installing the licensing component, I installed it as an Enterprise
lisc. server. I saw that the TS server needed to be in the same site and I
didn't want to move the server, so I reinstalled the licensing server as a
domain lisc. server. Per KB239107, I added the key to the application
server, but it's still not issuing licenses.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Did you install the licensing service on the DC using an account with
_Enterprise_Admin_ rights?

Are you on W2000 SP3 or higher?

"Chris Hall" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Good morning,
>
> I have TS installed on a windows 2000 server that is a member server in a
> windows 2000 domain. I've install the licensing service on a dc in the
> same
> domain, different site. The licensing server has been activated and client
> licenses installed. I can connect to the application server, but the
> licensing server shows that no licenses are being issued. Initially, when
> was installing the licensing component, I installed it as an Enterprise
> lisc. server. I saw that the TS server needed to be in the same site and I
> didn't want to move the server, so I reinstalled the licensing server as a
> domain lisc. server. Per KB239107, I added the key to the application
> server, but it's still not issuing licenses.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Jez,

Yes, I installed it as Administrator and it's on SP 4. I checked to make
sure that the administrator account was indeed in the Enterprise Admin
group.