Printer issue

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Hi

Please, any body knows how can I setup an "HP Laserjet 4050 series PCL 6"
Printer in a Windows 2000 Terminal Server Environment??

thanks...

Luis F.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Have you checked the eventlog on the Terminal Server for error
messages?
If you get EventID 1111, you have to create a custom printer
mapping.
Detailed information here:

239088 - Windows 2000 Terminal Services Server Logs Events 1111,
1105, and 1106
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=239088

www.printingsupport.com suggest the following mapping:
"HP LaserJet 4050 Series PCL 6" = "HP LaserJet 4050 Series PCL"

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"Luis Falch Rojas" <lfalch@info-arch.com> wrote on 04 jan 2005 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc:

> Hi
>
> Please, any body knows how can I setup an "HP Laserjet 4050
> series PCL 6" Printer in a Windows 2000 Terminal Server
> Environment??
>
> thanks...
>
> Luis F.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Thanks Vera..

Yes I Check event ID, and I setup printer manually in the "OEMPrint.INF"
file, the driver I use is the same suggested by the URL, and doesn't work.
any suggestion?

thanks a lot for your answer

greetings

Luis F.

"Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
> Have you checked the eventlog on the Terminal Server for error
> messages?
> If you get EventID 1111, you have to create a custom printer
> mapping.
> Detailed information here:
>
> 239088 - Windows 2000 Terminal Services Server Logs Events 1111,
> 1105, and 1106
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=239088
>
> www.printingsupport.com suggest the following mapping:
> "HP LaserJet 4050 Series PCL 6" = "HP LaserJet 4050 Series PCL"
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> "Luis Falch Rojas" <lfalch@info-arch.com> wrote on 04 jan 2005 in
> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Please, any body knows how can I setup an "HP Laserjet 4050
> > series PCL 6" Printer in a Windows 2000 Terminal Server
> > Environment??
> >
> > thanks...
> >
> > Luis F.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Can you post the exact text and ID from the Events that you see?

--
Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

"Luis Falch Rojas" <lfalch@info-arch.com> wrote on 07 jan 2005:

> Thanks Vera..
>
> Yes I Check event ID, and I setup printer manually in the
> "OEMPrint.INF" file, the driver I use is the same suggested by
> the URL, and doesn't work. any suggestion?
>
> thanks a lot for your answer
>
> greetings
>
> Luis F.
>

> "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote
> in message
>> Have you checked the eventlog on the Terminal Server for error
>> messages?
>> If you get EventID 1111, you have to create a custom printer
>> mapping.
>> Detailed information here:
>>
>> 239088 - Windows 2000 Terminal Services Server Logs Events
>> 1111, 1105, and 1106
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=239088
>>
>> www.printingsupport.com suggest the following mapping:
>> "HP LaserJet 4050 Series PCL 6" = "HP LaserJet 4050 Series PCL"
>>
>> --
>> Vera Noest
>> MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
>> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
>> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>>
>> "Luis Falch Rojas" <lfalch@info-arch.com> wrote on 04 jan 2005
>> in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc:
>>
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > Please, any body knows how can I setup an "HP Laserjet 4050
>> > series PCL 6" Printer in a Windows 2000 Terminal Server
>> > Environment??
>> >
>> > thanks...
>> >
>> > Luis F.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

From what I remember, you shouldn't use the HP 4000 series drivers on
Terminal Server, it could cause it to crash. If the 4000 series
drivers are not there when setting up the printer, then they were not
approved for their usage.

We did experience crashes and other assorted problems with these
drivers. Yep, learned the had way. Use the standard HP Laserjet 4
drivers. They work without a problem.

You should not be editing the "Oemprint.inf" in order to substitute a
compatable printer. Edit the Wtsuprn.inf file under the system32
directory.

The client name driver and server name driver must be in quotes if
there are spaces. Remove the semicolon in front of the printer driver
to activate it. You also need to restart the server for it to become
effective.

Here is what mine looks like.

; WTSUPRN.TXT
;
; this is a template for wtsuprn.inf -- rename this file to
;wtsuprn.inf
;
; this file provides a mapping for client printers which have a name
; different from the server printer. this file is necessary since
;many printers for Win95 are different from their WinNT equivalent.
; Note: the driver for the server printer must be installed. See the
; WinFrame Concepts and Planning Guide.
;
[Identification]
OptionType = PRINTER
[ClientPrinters]
;
; Client Name Server Name
; | |
; | |
; \|/ \|/
;
;"HP LaserJet 4/4M" = "HP LaserJet 4"
;"HP LaserJet 4P/4MP" = "HP LaserJet 4P"
;"HP LaserJet 4 Plus/4M Plus" = "HP LaserJet 4Plus"
;"HP LaserJet 4Si/4Si MX" = "HP LaserJet 4Si"
;"HP LaserJet 4V/4MV" = "HP LaserJet 4V"
;"HP LaserJet 5/5M - Enhanced" = "HP LaserJet 5"
;"HP LaserJet 5/5M - Standard" = "HP LaserJet 5"
;"HP LaserJet 5/5M PostScript" = "HP LaserJet 5"
;"HP LaserJet 5L (PCL)" = "HP LaserJet 5L"
;"HP LaserJet 5P/5MP (HP)" = "HP LaserJet 5P"
"HP LaserJet 4050 Series PCL 6" = "HP LaserJet 4"
"HP LaserJet 4050 Series PS" = "HP LaserJet 4"

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kenn

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 07:00:28 -0800, "Vera Noest [MVP]"
<Vera.Noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote:

>Can you post the exact text and ID from the Events that you see?
>
> --
>Vera Noest
>MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
>http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
>*----------- Please reply in newsgroup -------------*
>
>"Luis Falch Rojas" <lfalch@info-arch.com> wrote on 07 jan 2005:
>
>> Thanks Vera..
>>
>> Yes I Check event ID, and I setup printer manually in the
>> "OEMPrint.INF" file, the driver I use is the same suggested by
>> the URL, and doesn't work. any suggestion?
>>
>> thanks a lot for your answer
>>
>> greetings
>>
>> Luis F.
>>

>> "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote
>> in message
>>> Have you checked the eventlog on the Terminal Server for error
>>> messages?
>>> If you get EventID 1111, you have to create a custom printer
>>> mapping.
>>> Detailed information here:
>>>
>>> 239088 - Windows 2000 Terminal Services Server Logs Events
>>> 1111, 1105, and 1106
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=239088
>>>
>>> www.printingsupport.com suggest the following mapping:
>>> "HP LaserJet 4050 Series PCL 6" = "HP LaserJet 4050 Series PCL"
>>>
>>> --
>>> Vera Noest
>>> MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
>>> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
>>> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>>>
>>> "Luis Falch Rojas" <lfalch@info-arch.com> wrote on 04 jan 2005
>>> in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc:

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Thanks
I have some question about your suggestion: This will work in Windows 2000
Environment?, because I didn't found this file in the server. (We are
working in Windows 2000 TS). And if works, shoul I create the file?
thanks again for your post, and sorry by delay in answer.... ;)

regards..

Luis F.

"Kenn Evanko" <mail-hub.optonline.net> wrote in message
> [...]
> <Vera.Noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote:
>
> >Can you post the exact text and ID from the Events that you see?
> >
> > --
> >Vera Noest
> >MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
> >http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> >*----------- Please reply in newsgroup -------------*
> >
> >"Luis Falch Rojas" <lfalch@info-arch.com> wrote on 07 jan 2005:
> >
> >> Thanks Vera..
> >>
> >> Yes I Check event ID, and I setup printer manually in the
> >> "OEMPrint.INF" file, the driver I use is the same suggested by
> >> the URL, and doesn't work. any suggestion?
> >>
> >> thanks a lot for your answer
> >>
> >> greetings
> >>
> >> Luis F.
> >>

> >> "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote
> >> in message

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Yes, it works for W2K, but you should create a new file, not
modify an existing file. The suggestion by Kenn Evanko, to use the
Wtsuprn.inf is a bit off, this file is only present on systems
with Citriux on top of W2K.
Create a file called ntprintsubs.inf with you custom mappings.

Details are explained here:

"Luis Falch Rojas" <lfalch@info-arch.com> wrote on 12 jan 2005 in
> [...]

>> "HP LaserJet 5P" "HP LaserJet 4050 Series PCL 6" = "HP
>> LaserJet 4" "HP LaserJet 4050 Series PS" = "HP LaserJet
>> 4"
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Kenn
>>

>> On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 07:00:28 -0800, "Vera Noest [MVP]"
>> <Vera.Noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote:
>>
>> >Can you post the exact text and ID from the Events that you
>> >see?
>> >
>> > --
>> >Vera Noest
>> >MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
>> >http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
>> >*----------- Please reply in newsgroup -------------*
>> >
>> >"Luis Falch Rojas" <lfalch@info-arch.com> wrote on 07 jan
>> >2005:

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Ok.
Thanks a lot Vera, I will try that way....If works, I will advice..