Toshiba Hard Drive Problems

claudehl

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi Guys:

Anyone of you have any problems with Toshiba disk drives? I purchased a 2.5" 60GB disk drive for my notebook. It took a dump and I sent it back for replacement.

It's been over three weeks and I still haven't received a replacement from Toshiba. The rep tells me that the drive is coming from Japan and they have no idea when they'll actually receive the replacement drive.

Any of you run into this senario? I can't imagine that it would take this long to receive a replacement hard drive. Any suggestions as to what I should do?

Thanks,
Claude

pscowboy

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
No, I didn't share that experience. But, it may be smart of you to purchase a spare (or two) with that kind of lag time.

My dealings with Toshiba notebooks left me with the impression that they make a good product; your misfortune aside.

Just curious, aren't there other avenues of approach?

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
Hi Guys:

Anyone of you have any problems with Toshiba disk drives? I purchased a 2.5" 60GB disk drive for my notebook. It took a dump and I sent it back for replacement.

It's been over three weeks and I still haven't received a replacement from Toshiba. The rep tells me that the drive is coming from Japan and they have no idea when they'll actually receive the replacement drive.

Any of you run into this senario? I can't imagine that it would take this long to receive a replacement hard drive. Any suggestions as to what I should do?

Thanks,
Claude

That specific model I replace at least once a day at my job (tech support callcenter for multiple pc vendors). Those Toshiba 60GB notebook drives burn up all the time. Toshiba's are OK in general...just not that specific model. REQUEST A DIFFERENT MODEL FOR A REPLACEMENT; Toshiba should be able to honor that request. Again that is the only model toshiba hdd i've seen common problems with, on average they last only about a year.