When I want to make a backup on a cd it saids this "The
backup file name could not be use." "E:\Backup.bkf"
"Please ensure it is a valid path, and that you have
sufficient access" What can I do to make a backup on a cd

Gordon

"Chi-Chi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I want to make a backup on a cd it saids this "The
> backup file name could not be use." "E:\Backup.bkf"
> "Please ensure it is a valid path, and that you have
> sufficient access" What can I do to make a backup on a cd

Either buy a backup package that allows backup direct to CD, or backup using
the Windows application to a folder on your HDD and burn that.
NTBackup is not designed to be used with CDs.

If you have third party packet writing software such as Easy CD or Media
Creator's Drag to Disk or Nero's InCD installed, NTbackup will backup
directly to CD.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Gordon" <GordonBP1@yahoo.invalid> wrote in message
> "Chi-Chi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> When I want to make a backup on a cd it saids this "The
>> backup file name could not be use." "E:\Backup.bkf"
>> "Please ensure it is a valid path, and that you have
>> sufficient access" What can I do to make a backup on a cd
>
> Either buy a backup package that allows backup direct to CD, or backup
> using the Windows application to a folder on your HDD and burn that.
> NTBackup is not designed to be used with CDs.

But will it span disks? No.....

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)" <user@#notme.com> kirjoitti
viestissä news:uNYXkcXhEHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> If you have third party packet writing software such as Easy CD or Media
> Creator's Drag to Disk or Nero's InCD installed, NTbackup will backup
> directly to CD.
>
> --
> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
> "Gordon" <GordonBP1@yahoo.invalid> wrote in message
> > "Chi-Chi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> When I want to make a backup on a cd it saids this "The
> >> backup file name could not be use." "E:\Backup.bkf"
> >> "Please ensure it is a valid path, and that you have
> >> sufficient access" What can I do to make a backup on a cd
> >
> > Either buy a backup package that allows backup direct to CD, or backup
> > using the Windows application to a folder on your HDD and burn that.
> > NTBackup is not designed to be used with CDs.

That's correct, it won't span disks but I believe if you use if your burning
software supports it you can still do it. I haven't tried it under those
conditions so I can't say for sure.