Networking to wireless network adaptor

Good afternoon,

I have purchased a DLINK DI-524 Wireless router to be able to connect my
laptop to the internet through my home computer. I have hooked it up and it
works swell.

I have some questions through about networking with it though. Dont want to
start playing around with anything just in case it screws something up.

1) Is it possible to use these components together as a network IE Can I
copy files from my laptop wirelessly to the desktop and share the printer
connected to the desktop. If so how do I go about this?

2) Or do I have to use a network cable connected to my laptop and then to
one of the ports on the back of the router?

Thanks for any help,
Scott V
2 answers Last reply
More about networking wireless network adaptor

    Hi
    Wireless is a mere replacement to a wire, if you can use the Internet the Wireless work.
    Sharing files is Not related to Wireless but to the specific settings of each computer.
    Log to this page it has a lot of links to instructions to Windows Network Settings, and
    Sharing.
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Scott Viney" <scott@kar.com.au> wrote in message
    > Good afternoon,
    >
    > I have purchased a DLINK DI-524 Wireless router to be able to connect my
    > laptop to the internet through my home computer. I have hooked it up and it
    > works swell.
    >
    > I have some questions through about networking with it though. Dont want to
    > start playing around with anything just in case it screws something up.
    >
    > 1) Is it possible to use these components together as a network IE Can I
    > copy files from my laptop wirelessly to the desktop and share the printer
    > connected to the desktop. If so how do I go about this?
    >
    > 2) Or do I have to use a network cable connected to my laptop and then to
    > one of the ports on the back of the router?
    >
    > Thanks for any help,
    > Scott V

    Thanks Jack,

    Ill have a surf around and see if I can get it cranking.

    Scott

    "Jack (MVP)" <Jack(MVP)@discussions.microsoft.com.> escribió en el mensaje
    > Hi
    > Wireless is a mere replacement to a wire, if you can use the Internet the
    > Wireless work.
    > Sharing files is Not related to Wireless but to the specific settings of
    > each computer.
    > Log to this page it has a lot of links to instructions to Windows Network
    > Settings, and
    > Sharing.
    > http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >

    > "Scott Viney" <scott@kar.com.au> wrote in message
    >> Good afternoon,
    >>
    >> I have purchased a DLINK DI-524 Wireless router to be able to connect my
    >> laptop to the internet through my home computer. I have hooked it up and
    >> it
    >> works swell.
    >>
    >> I have some questions through about networking with it though. Dont want
    >> start playing around with anything just in case it screws something up.
    >>
    >> 1) Is it possible to use these components together as a network IE Can I
    >> copy files from my laptop wirelessly to the desktop and share the printer
    >> connected to the desktop. If so how do I go about this?
    >>
    >> 2) Or do I have to use a network cable connected to my laptop and then to
    >> one of the ports on the back of the router?
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help,
    >> Scott V

Wireless Network Networking Wireless Networking