Canon printers and panoramic prints

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I am trying to find out definitively whether or not you can print on
panoramic paper (up to 23 inches long) on any of the Canon photo printers.
So far I've drawn a blank on this, even Canon UK wont reply to my question!
I am particularly looking at the Pixma ip6000d or ip8500 printers of the
i9xx range of printers. Now I know about the Epsons etc all doing this, it
is just Canon I need to know about.

Can anyone who actually has one of these beast please tell me if you can
actually set the custom paper size to panoramic sizes and get it to work?

Also if anyone has a Canon A3 printer could they also say if panoramic is
possible?

I dont really need an A3 printer but I may go that way to get panoramic.

I also dont want another Epson, great quality IF they work properly, a real
PITA when they dont which in my experience is frequently!

Stuart
9 answers Last reply
More about canon printers panoramic prints
  1. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

    Stuart Rogers <me@privacy.net> observed
    >I am trying to find out definitively whether or not you can print on
    >panoramic paper (up to 23 inches long) on any of the Canon photo printers.
    >So far I've drawn a blank on this, even Canon UK wont reply to my question!
    >I am particularly looking at the Pixma ip6000d or ip8500 printers of the
    >i9xx range of printers. Now I know about the Epsons etc all doing this, it
    >is just Canon I need to know about.
    >
    >Can anyone who actually has one of these beast please tell me if you can
    >actually set the custom paper size to panoramic sizes and get it to work?
    >
    >Also if anyone has a Canon A3 printer could they also say if panoramic is
    >possible?
    >
    >I dont really need an A3 printer but I may go that way to get panoramic.
    >
    >I also dont want another Epson, great quality IF they work properly, a real
    >PITA when they dont which in my experience is frequently!

    I have printed up to 8' long with my Canon S9000 using Qimage. The trick
    is to use banner printing.

    dslr - who posts here - gave me a lot of help!

    Mike
    Michael J Davis
    <><
    Some newsgroup contributors appear to have confused
    the meaning of "discussion" with "digression".
    <><
  2. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

    In article <Xns9595B47901338stuartfreenews@130.133.1.4>,
    Stuart Rogers <me@privacy.net> wrote:

    > Can anyone who actually has one of these beast please tell me if you can
    > actually set the custom paper size to panoramic sizes and get it to work?

    The i9100 can only go to 19". I think the maximum width is 11". I have
    not tried either limit. I have only gone to 8.5" x 11".

    --
    Robert B. Peirce, Venetia, PA 724-941-6883
    bob AT peirce-family.com [Mac]

    >The i9100 can only go to 19". I think the maximum width is 11".

    I think the maximum width is 13", not 11". They do advertise 13"x19" prints.
    The Canon driver only allows 19" as the maximum length, but I think there is a
    program available that allows you to run longer prints, like Qimage. You could
    check Qimage out to see if it allows longer prints from the i9100 or i9900.
    Lynn
  4. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

    Stuart Rogers wrote:
    > I am trying to find out definitively whether or not you can print on
    > panoramic paper (up to 23 inches long) on any of the Canon photo printers.
    > So far I've drawn a blank on this, even Canon UK wont reply to my question!
    > I am particularly looking at the Pixma ip6000d or ip8500 printers of the
    > i9xx range of printers. Now I know about the Epsons etc all doing this, it
    > is just Canon I need to know about.
    >
    > Can anyone who actually has one of these beast please tell me if you can
    > actually set the custom paper size to panoramic sizes and get it to work?
    >
    > Also if anyone has a Canon A3 printer could they also say if panoramic is
    > possible?
    >
    > I dont really need an A3 printer but I may go that way to get panoramic.
    >
    > I also dont want another Epson, great quality IF they work properly, a real
    > PITA when they dont which in my experience is frequently!
    >
    > Stuart

    If you think Epson gave you problems... Just wait 'till you get a Canon.
    You'll know what problems that can't be fixed really are! Like giving
    one of your best prints to the local Photo exhibition and see it fade
    before the competition is judged! True...

    Doug

    .... wrote:

    > Stuart Rogers wrote:
    >
    >> I am trying to find out definitively whether or not you can print on
    >> panoramic paper (up to 23 inches long) on any of the Canon photo
    >> printers. So far I've drawn a blank on this, even Canon UK wont reply
    >> to my question! I am particularly looking at the Pixma ip6000d or
    >> ip8500 printers of the i9xx range of printers. Now I know about the
    >> Epsons etc all doing this, it is just Canon I need to know about.
    >> Can anyone who actually has one of these beast please tell me if you
    >> can actually set the custom paper size to panoramic sizes and get it
    >> to work?
    >> Also if anyone has a Canon A3 printer could they also say if panoramic
    >> is possible?
    >> I dont really need an A3 printer but I may go that way to get panoramic.
    >> I also dont want another Epson, great quality IF they work properly, a
    >> real PITA when they dont which in my experience is frequently!
    >>
    >> Stuart
    >

    > If you think Epson gave you problems... Just wait 'till you get a Canon.
    > You'll know what problems that can't be fixed really are! Like giving
    > one of your best prints to the local Photo exhibition and see it fade
    > before the competition is judged! True...
    >
    > Doug

    What paper and ink did you use?

    --
    Ben Thomas
    given nor endorsed by it.

    In article Stuart Rogers says...
    > I am trying to find out definitively whether or not you can print on
    > panoramic paper (up to 23 inches long) on any of the Canon photo printers.
    > So far I've drawn a blank on this, even Canon UK wont reply to my question!
    > I am particularly looking at the Pixma ip6000d or ip8500 printers of the
    > i9xx range of printers. Now I know about the Epsons etc all doing this, it
    > is just Canon I need to know about.
    >
    > Can anyone who actually has one of these beast please tell me if you can
    > actually set the custom paper size to panoramic sizes and get it to work?
    >
    > Also if anyone has a Canon A3 printer could they also say if panoramic is
    > possible?
    >
    > I dont really need an A3 printer but I may go that way to get panoramic.
    >
    > I also dont want another Epson, great quality IF they work properly, a real
    > PITA when they dont which in my experience is frequently!
    >
    > Stuart

    23.3"? is the limit even on recent A3 so the bigger printers are even
    more limited. The banner print option isn't there any longer which stops
    Qimage type work-arounds.
  7. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers, rec.photo.digital (More info?)

    Stuart, I have the same question you had about the ip6000d. Does it
    print panoramic prints or not? Steve's Digicams
    (www.stevesdigicams.com) very clearly says that it prints from 2.13 x
    3.39 inches to 8.5 x 23 inches in the sheet feeder. Canon, though, says
    the max prints size is legal. Did you ever determine for certain
    whether it does or does not print panoramic prints?

    Thanks,

    Jim
    Stuart Rogers wrote:
    > I am trying to find out definitively whether or not you can print on
    > panoramic paper (up to 23 inches long) on any of the Canon photo
    printers.
    > So far I've drawn a blank on this, even Canon UK wont reply to my
    question!
    > I am particularly looking at the Pixma ip6000d or ip8500 printers of
    the
    > i9xx range of printers. Now I know about the Epsons etc all doing
    this, it
    > is just Canon I need to know about.
    >
    > Can anyone who actually has one of these beast please tell me if you
    can
    > actually set the custom paper size to panoramic sizes and get it to
    work?

    > Also if anyone has a Canon A3 printer could they also say if
    panoramic is
    > possible?
    >
    > I dont really need an A3 printer but I may go that way to get
    panoramic.

    > I also dont want another Epson, great quality IF they work properly,
    a real
    > PITA when they dont which in my experience is frequently!
    >
    > Stuart
  8. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

    My S900 will let me set the paper size to 23 inches (the driver says
    maximum is 23.39, but it won't accept that. it will accept 23 inches).
    it also supports banner printing.

    Bernie

    Jim wrote:
    > Stuart, I have the same question you had about the ip6000d. Does it
    > print panoramic prints or not? Steve's Digicams
    > (www.stevesdigicams.com) very clearly says that it prints from 2.13 x
    > 3.39 inches to 8.5 x 23 inches in the sheet feeder. Canon, though, says
    > the max prints size is legal. Did you ever determine for certain
    > whether it does or does not print panoramic prints?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jim
    > Stuart Rogers wrote:
    >
    >>I am trying to find out definitively whether or not you can print on
    >>panoramic paper (up to 23 inches long) on any of the Canon photo
    >
    > printers.
    >
    >>So far I've drawn a blank on this, even Canon UK wont reply to my
    >
    > question!
    >
    >>I am particularly looking at the Pixma ip6000d or ip8500 printers of
    >
    > the
    >
    >>i9xx range of printers. Now I know about the Epsons etc all doing
    >
    > this, it
    >
    >>is just Canon I need to know about.
    >>
    >>Can anyone who actually has one of these beast please tell me if you
    >
    > can
    >
    >>actually set the custom paper size to panoramic sizes and get it to
    >
    > work?
    >
    >>Also if anyone has a Canon A3 printer could they also say if
    >
    > panoramic is
    >
    >>possible?
    >>
    >>I dont really need an A3 printer but I may go that way to get
    >
    > panoramic.
    >
    >>I also dont want another Epson, great quality IF they work properly,
    >
    > a real
    >
    >>PITA when they dont which in my experience is frequently!
    >>
    >>Stuart

  9. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

    Jim <jimevans_2000@yahoo.com> observed
    >Stuart, I have the same question you had about the ip6000d. Does it
    >print panoramic prints or not? Steve's Digicams
    >(www.stevesdigicams.com) very clearly says that it prints from 2.13 x
    >3.39 inches to 8.5 x 23 inches in the sheet feeder. Canon, though, says
    >the max prints size is legal. Did you ever determine for certain
    >whether it does or does not print panoramic prints?

    I am sure I replied to the earlier post on this.

    I have a Canon S9000 (A3) printer. You can try the banner printing mode
    by itself. But I couldn't get it to do decent panoramas until I got
    Q-image print program.

    http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage

    I have successfully printed panoramas on roll paper up to around 48"
    (1.2m) long, and have in draft mode an 8' (2.4m) print on A4 continuous
    banner paper. Unfortunately, when I tried that on high quality paper, we
    ran into memory utilisation problems (I don't know why) - it is possible
    that the latest versions of Qimage have cracked this.

    HIH

    Mike
    Michael J Davis
    <><
    Some newsgroup contributors appear to have confused
    the meaning of "discussion" with "digression".
    <><

Printers Photo Canon Peripherals