Sea Hurricaane

I have just downloaded possibly the best Freeware warbird I have ever used.
From SurClaro today came the Sea Hurricane. It has three versions and a
carrier to fly from (which I have not yet found!) The model is fantastically
detailed and it flies especially well from the VC. I am comparing it to the
Real Air Spitfire
and in my view it is every bit as good. The manual and extra info is
brilliant too. I can thoroughly recommend this aircraft. Thanks to Robin
Ritchie for the textures and Robert Sanderson for the 3D model. Silver Eagle
is responsible for the flight dynamics. This is a must have... If you want
to search for it the file is
seahurri.zip for fs2004 only.
--
Cheers,

Quilly

This is my first post after 2 years lurkink...

I agree this plane is a beauty. But I have a problem, in the VC, I
cant see through the cockpit glass panels! it is all translucent but
not transparent. Anyone else have this?

I have a medium-weight gateway 2.8 gig machine with an old mx440 card,
and 512 mg RAM

I am typing on the laptop right now so will get you specs later.

regarding the aircraft carrier deck,

I found a grey deck texture in the sea hurricane options folder, Q, so
you should be able to replace the britishcarrier texture in the addon
scenery/texture,

cheers,
pepys

"Quilljar" wrote:

> I have just downloaded possibly the best Freeware warbird I have ever
> used. From SurClaro today came the Sea Hurricane. It has three versions
> and a carrier to fly from (which I have not yet found!) The model is
> fantastically detailed and it flies especially well from the VC. I am
> comparing it to the Real Air Spitfire

I agree, this one is a must have.

To find the carrier choose the flight "Sea Hurricane at Scapa Flow" (If
you've installed the Hurricane in FS2004 folder). I never install *.exe
archives directly into the FS folder. I choose a temporary location and
move the files that i like to have manual.

> and in my view it is every bit as good. The manual and extra info is
> brilliant too. I can thoroughly recommend this aircraft. Thanks to Robin
> Ritchie for the textures and Robert Sanderson for the 3D model. Silver
> Eagle is responsible for the flight dynamics. This is a must have... If
> you want to search for it the file is
> seahurri.zip for fs2004 only.

Have fun!

Jan

> I agree, this one is a must have.
>
> To find the carrier choose the flight "Sea Hurricane at Scapa Flow"
> (If you've installed the Hurricane in FS2004 folder). I never install
> *.exe archives directly into the FS folder. I choose a temporary
> location and move the files that i like to have manual.

Jan,
I chose the flight at Scapa flow both 1 and 2 . Each time the flight starts
with the hurricane in the water and no carrier. Perhaps I will try
re-installing. As the whole thing is automatic, I am a bit non-plussed!
--
Cheers,

Quilly

"Quilljar" wrote:

> Jan,
> I chose the flight at Scapa flow both 1 and 2 . Each time the flight
> starts with the hurricane in the water and no carrier. Perhaps I will try
> re-installing. As the whole thing is automatic, I am a bit non-plussed!

Just install the Hurricane Package to a place like "c:\sh_temp", for
instance.
After extraction you will find the folder "addon scenery" and two subfolders
"textures" and "scenery".
Make a new folder in your FS9 "addon scenery" folder, like "sh_carrier" f.i.
and copy both folders (textures and scenery from c:\sh_temp\addon scenery\)
to ?:\fs9\addon scenery\sh_carrier\

Now just add this scenery like you add all scenerys.

Jan

ps. there is something wrong with the carriers deck-surface. sometimes
it seems to be leaking.

> Now just add this scenery like you add all scenerys.
>
> Jan
>
> ps. there is something wrong with the carriers deck-surface. sometimes
> it seems to be leaking.

Thanks Jay! All OK now.
The only fault I can find with the deck is, that British carriers never had
wooden decks, always steel. US carriers had wooden ones in WW2 and
consequently suffered badly in Kamikaze attacks. :-(

Cheers,

Quilly

> I have just downloaded possibly the best Freeware warbird I have ever
> used. From SurClaro today came the Sea Hurricane. It has three versions
> and a carrier to fly from (which I have not yet found!) The model is
> fantastically detailed and it flies especially well from the VC. I am
> comparing it to the Real Air Spitfire
> and in my view it is every bit as good. The manual and extra info is
> brilliant too. I can thoroughly recommend this aircraft. Thanks to Robin
> Ritchie for the textures and Robert Sanderson for the 3D model. Silver
> Eagle is responsible for the flight dynamics. This is a must have... If
> you want to search for it the file is
> seahurri.zip for fs2004 only.
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Quilly

Thanks for this! Excellent job by the creators.
Uploaded a couple of pictures for people to see
http://www.btinternet.com/~steven.pilbeam/hurri0.jpg
http://www.btinternet.com/~steven.pilbeam/hurri1.jpg

> I have just downloaded possibly the best Freeware warbird I have ever
used.
> From SurClaro today came the Sea Hurricane. It has three versions and a
> carrier to fly from (which I have not yet found!) The model is
fantastically
> detailed and it flies especially well from the VC. I am comparing it to
the
> Real Air Spitfire
> and in my view it is every bit as good. The manual and extra info is
> brilliant too. I can thoroughly recommend this aircraft. Thanks to Robin
> Ritchie for the textures and Robert Sanderson for the 3D model. Silver
Eagle
> is responsible for the flight dynamics. This is a must have... If you want
> to search for it the file is
> seahurri.zip for fs2004 only.
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Quilly

I agree-what a beauty. we really are getting spoiled now with the quality of
freeware-now if only I could find a C150/2 or DC8 of the same quality!!

richard

No I have no problem with the VC transparency. It is very good. I use a
Matrox Parhelia 128 video card, maybe that makes a difference. I have found
the grey deck file now, many thanks.
I cannot, however, find a way of lowering the hook, but I will continue to
RTFM :)
After all, with a little plane as complex as this, it takes a while...
--
Cheers,

Quilly

>> Now just add this scenery like you add all scenerys.
>>
>> Jan
>>
>> ps. there is something wrong with the carriers deck-surface. sometimes
>> it seems to be leaking.
>
> Thanks Jay! All OK now.
> The only fault I can find with the deck is, that British carriers never
> had wooden decks, always steel. US carriers had wooden ones in WW2 and
> consequently suffered badly in Kamikaze attacks. :-(
>

> Cheers,
>
> Quilly
there is a gray deck also in the package.

Hi JW~
Glad somebody else has the "translucent canopy experience".

I will tinker with settings. If I come up with anything good I 'll let
ya know...but I fear it's just Old Machine Syndrome.

Thanks for the tips on the other hurri's too.

cheers,
pepys

Hi pepys,

Robert Sanderson has also had equally acclaimed models of ordinary
(non-sea) Hurricanes available at Flightsim, etc, for several months, with
some patch files.

I don't use the Virtual cockpit, but I get the same translucent cockpit
problem as you, and haven't found an answer yet, although there is a
Settings/Display/Hardware/Render to Texture option that I never got around
to unchecking to see if it made the difference...

I never did see anyone else mention the problem, so I just assumed it
was my antiquated PC....

Regards,
John Ward