Sea Hurricaane

I have just downloaded possibly the best Freeware warbird I have ever used.
From SurClaro today came the Sea Hurricane. It has three versions and a
carrier to fly from (which I have not yet found!) The model is fantastically
detailed and it flies especially well from the VC. I am comparing it to the
Real Air Spitfire
and in my view it is every bit as good. The manual and extra info is
brilliant too. I can thoroughly recommend this aircraft. Thanks to Robin
Ritchie for the textures and Robert Sanderson for the 3D model. Silver Eagle
is responsible for the flight dynamics. This is a must have... If you want
to search for it the file is
seahurri.zip for fs2004 only.
--
Cheers,

Quilly
11 answers Last reply
More about hurricaane

    This is my first post after 2 years lurkink...

    I agree this plane is a beauty. But I have a problem, in the VC, I
    cant see through the cockpit glass panels! it is all translucent but
    not transparent. Anyone else have this?

    I have a medium-weight gateway 2.8 gig machine with an old mx440 card,
    and 512 mg RAM

    I am typing on the laptop right now so will get you specs later.

    regarding the aircraft carrier deck,

    I found a grey deck texture in the sea hurricane options folder, Q, so
    you should be able to replace the britishcarrier texture in the addon
    scenery/texture,

    cheers,
    pepys

    "Quilljar" wrote:

    > I have just downloaded possibly the best Freeware warbird I have ever
    > used. From SurClaro today came the Sea Hurricane. It has three versions
    > and a carrier to fly from (which I have not yet found!) The model is
    > fantastically detailed and it flies especially well from the VC. I am
    > comparing it to the Real Air Spitfire

    I agree, this one is a must have.

    To find the carrier choose the flight "Sea Hurricane at Scapa Flow" (If
    you've installed the Hurricane in FS2004 folder). I never install *.exe
    archives directly into the FS folder. I choose a temporary location and
    move the files that i like to have manual.

    > and in my view it is every bit as good. The manual and extra info is
    > brilliant too. I can thoroughly recommend this aircraft. Thanks to Robin
    > Ritchie for the textures and Robert Sanderson for the 3D model. Silver
    > Eagle is responsible for the flight dynamics. This is a must have... If
    > you want to search for it the file is
    > seahurri.zip for fs2004 only.

    Have fun!

    Jan

    > I agree, this one is a must have.
    >
    > To find the carrier choose the flight "Sea Hurricane at Scapa Flow"
    > (If you've installed the Hurricane in FS2004 folder). I never install
    > *.exe archives directly into the FS folder. I choose a temporary
    > location and move the files that i like to have manual.

    Jan,
    I chose the flight at Scapa flow both 1 and 2 . Each time the flight starts
    with the hurricane in the water and no carrier. Perhaps I will try
    re-installing. As the whole thing is automatic, I am a bit non-plussed!
    --
    Cheers,

    Quilly

    "Quilljar" wrote:

    > Jan,
    > I chose the flight at Scapa flow both 1 and 2 . Each time the flight
    > starts with the hurricane in the water and no carrier. Perhaps I will try
    > re-installing. As the whole thing is automatic, I am a bit non-plussed!

    Just install the Hurricane Package to a place like "c:\sh_temp", for
    instance.
    After extraction you will find the folder "addon scenery" and two subfolders
    "textures" and "scenery".
    Make a new folder in your FS9 "addon scenery" folder, like "sh_carrier" f.i.
    and copy both folders (textures and scenery from c:\sh_temp\addon scenery\)
    to ?:\fs9\addon scenery\sh_carrier\

    Now just add this scenery like you add all scenerys.

    Jan

    ps. there is something wrong with the carriers deck-surface. sometimes
    it seems to be leaking.

    > Now just add this scenery like you add all scenerys.
    >
    > Jan
    >
    > ps. there is something wrong with the carriers deck-surface. sometimes
    > it seems to be leaking.

    Thanks Jay! All OK now.
    The only fault I can find with the deck is, that British carriers never had
    wooden decks, always steel. US carriers had wooden ones in WW2 and
    consequently suffered badly in Kamikaze attacks. :-(

    Cheers,

    Quilly

    > I have just downloaded possibly the best Freeware warbird I have ever
    > used. From SurClaro today came the Sea Hurricane. It has three versions
    > and a carrier to fly from (which I have not yet found!) The model is
    > fantastically detailed and it flies especially well from the VC. I am
    > comparing it to the Real Air Spitfire
    > and in my view it is every bit as good. The manual and extra info is
    > brilliant too. I can thoroughly recommend this aircraft. Thanks to Robin
    > Ritchie for the textures and Robert Sanderson for the 3D model. Silver
    > Eagle is responsible for the flight dynamics. This is a must have... If
    > you want to search for it the file is
    > seahurri.zip for fs2004 only.
    > --
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Quilly

    Thanks for this! Excellent job by the creators.
    Uploaded a couple of pictures for people to see
    http://www.btinternet.com/~steven.pilbeam/hurri0.jpg
    http://www.btinternet.com/~steven.pilbeam/hurri1.jpg

    > I have just downloaded possibly the best Freeware warbird I have ever
    used.
    > From SurClaro today came the Sea Hurricane. It has three versions and a
    > carrier to fly from (which I have not yet found!) The model is
    fantastically
    > detailed and it flies especially well from the VC. I am comparing it to
    the
    > Real Air Spitfire
    > and in my view it is every bit as good. The manual and extra info is
    > brilliant too. I can thoroughly recommend this aircraft. Thanks to Robin
    > Ritchie for the textures and Robert Sanderson for the 3D model. Silver
    Eagle
    > is responsible for the flight dynamics. This is a must have... If you want
    > to search for it the file is
    > seahurri.zip for fs2004 only.
    > --
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Quilly

    I agree-what a beauty. we really are getting spoiled now with the quality of
    freeware-now if only I could find a C150/2 or DC8 of the same quality!!

    richard

    No I have no problem with the VC transparency. It is very good. I use a
    Matrox Parhelia 128 video card, maybe that makes a difference. I have found
    the grey deck file now, many thanks.
    I cannot, however, find a way of lowering the hook, but I will continue to
    RTFM :-)
    After all, with a little plane as complex as this, it takes a while...
    --
    Cheers,

    Quilly

    >> Now just add this scenery like you add all scenerys.
    >>
    >> Jan
    >>
    >> ps. there is something wrong with the carriers deck-surface. sometimes
    >> it seems to be leaking.
    >
    > Thanks Jay! All OK now.
    > The only fault I can find with the deck is, that British carriers never
    > had wooden decks, always steel. US carriers had wooden ones in WW2 and
    > consequently suffered badly in Kamikaze attacks. :-(
    >

    > Cheers,
    >
    > Quilly
    there is a gray deck also in the package.

    Hi JW~
    Glad somebody else has the "translucent canopy experience".

    I will tinker with settings. If I come up with anything good I 'll let
    ya know...but I fear it's just Old Machine Syndrome.

    Thanks for the tips on the other hurri's too.

    cheers,
    pepys

    Hi pepys,

    Robert Sanderson has also had equally acclaimed models of ordinary
    (non-sea) Hurricanes available at Flightsim, etc, for several months, with
    some patch files.

    I don't use the Virtual cockpit, but I get the same translucent cockpit
    problem as you, and haven't found an answer yet, although there is a
    Settings/Display/Hardware/Render to Texture option that I never got around
    to unchecking to see if it made the difference...

    I never did see anyone else mention the problem, so I just assumed it
    was my antiquated PC....

    Regards,
    John Ward
    "fs_pepys" <bpfowler@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > This is my first post after 2 years lurkink...
    >
    > I agree this plane is a beauty. But I have a problem, in the VC, I
    > cant see through the cockpit glass panels! it is all translucent but
    > not transparent. Anyone else have this?
    >
    > I have a medium-weight gateway 2.8 gig machine with an old mx440 card,
    > and 512 mg RAM
    >
    > I am typing on the laptop right now so will get you specs later.
    >
    > regarding the aircraft carrier deck,
    >
    > I found a grey deck texture in the sea hurricane options folder, Q, so
    > you should be able to replace the britishcarrier texture in the addon
    > scenery/texture,
    >
    > cheers,
    > pepys

Video Games