Access mapped network drives on local box from local box

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
March 25, 2005 2:18:44 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Strange you may say,,,but read on

OS is Windows 2003 Server, file server, not a DC, with Terminal Services
installed.

I have a legacy app we are testing the needs to see itself installed on H:
drive. Fine, I said, created shared folder on my server on the D: drive and
mapped H: to the shared folder, and moved the app the H: drive.
I can see, browse the folder\files fine as a RD user, but can't create or
modify a file there. I still have full access to this folder on the D:
drive, but if I go to the same place via the H: drive, no can do? Wassup?

To clarify:
D: drive on MYSERVER has folder called MYAPP. So D:\MYAPP. Shared MYAPP
as a shared folder with the same name (sharename=foldername) while logged
on as RemDesktop client,

So browsing Network Neighbourhood you see MYSERVER\MYAPP....

As Remote Desktop user on MYSERVER, mapped H: to MYAPP so that H: on
MYSERVER points to D:\MYAPP on the server.

However, can read H:\ but cant change or modify files/folders in it, even
though I can modify them if I access them as D:\MYAPP.

Anyone tell my why I can't do this.

TimeTraveller
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 11:39:19 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Dear TimeTraveller,

you should probably take some time to travel through the Win2003
documentation.

In W2K3, MS changed the standard permissions for file shares form
"Everyone:FULL" to "Everyone:READ".
So please check your permission for the file share. That should do the job.

Hope this helps
Andre

news:o VH0e.775061$6l.340394@pd7tw2no...

!