temperature question?

anesh16

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
i have a amd sempron 2200+ processor. and a cpu fan that spins at approximately 4300rpm.the cpu emperature is normally 46/47 degrees celius.is that a temperature normal or too high? and what could make it cooler if it 's too high?thanks

AntiHax0r

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
That temperature looks kinda high for a sempron 2200+, because my A64-3000+ runs at 25C+/- (With a Duct Mod; Before that it ran around 45C ---> Feel free to check it out http://overclockers.com/tips1187/) ... If you are using a stock heatsink/fan .. I'm assuming the rpm should be lower... or you may have a motherboard temp/fan sensor calibration error.

Does your CPU fan sound loud if its saying its spinning that fast?

woodchuk

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
Don't know if your rig is to be overclocked, or what the case temps are, or for that matter what your ambient room temp is, but here's the recommendations and I was surprised at how hot these things can run and still be good for years.

Heatsink Guide:Maximum CPU temps

Needless to say this does not apply to overclockers, mine gets unstable much over 50C (XP2500@2.2, 1.675v

anesh16

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
thanks for the links.no it dosen't make noise but recently i replaced the heatsink and fan. vause my other one was not working. but before i for replaced it the computer experienced numerous random reboots. but since i have, it reboots very little by itself. so i thought probably the temperature was the cause.i have a disabled cd rw drive in my my computer but is still connected as well and i heard it could cause the rebooting as well.is this true?thanks

woodchuk

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
It sounds like your system got hot. If it still reboots randomly you can eliminate the CDRW as a cause by unplugging, disable that drive in BIOS and
as an added precaution set all default values there. If it still crashes, flash the BIOS. If you still have random reboots you might have damaged something else since you apparently had a short period of overheating, which can also corrupt Windows among other things, hopefully not that :)

TRENDING THREADS