Problem with hp deskjet 920c

Hi,

I have XP os. After a long use of the above printer it suddenly
started to make problems. The symptom is that it prints only one line
of gibrish on every start of page. I have tried may ways to solve the
problem. I'm sure that the problem is in the computer, because the
printer works well with another computer. I have also tried to update
the driver, but nothing helped.

need your help,
thanks in advance.

onitz

oded57@zahav.net.il (onitz) wrote let it be known in

> Hi,
>
> I have XP os. After a long use of the above printer it
> suddenly started to make problems. The symptom is that it
> prints only one line of gibrish on every start of page. I
> have tried may ways to solve the problem. I'm sure that the
> problem is in the computer, because the printer works well
> with another computer. I have also tried to update the
> driver, but nothing helped.
>
> need your help,
> thanks in advance.
>
> onitz

It certainly sounds like a driver problem to me. Instead of just
updating the driver, I would totally uninstall the printer,
download the latest drivers, then reinstall from scratch.

I guess it COULD be a cable or communications problem, but that
is pretty rare. More likely something foobared one of your
driver files (maybe even a file 'updated' during windows update
if you use that...) and it wasn't repaired/replaced during the
standard driver update process.

PS: I hope you are using the HP drivers, not any drivers that
may be built in to the XP operating system. Usually, drivers
included with the O/S are nothing but trouble... not that the
drivers HP writes are any more than marginally better!

"onitz" <oded57@zahav.net.il> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have XP os. After a long use of the above printer it suddenly
> started to make problems. The symptom is that it prints only one line
> of gibrish on every start of page. I have tried may ways to solve the
> problem. I'm sure that the problem is in the computer, because the
> printer works well with another computer. I have also tried to update
> the driver, but nothing helped.
>
> need your help,
> thanks in advance.

First based on Bill's experience I am surprised to hear there is an HP on
there experiencing troubles! :0)

As for your issue, I would suspect one of three things and that is
communication, driver or corrupt file.

For communication try reseating the cable at both ends (Even if you have not
moved it).
Make sure the cable is connected directly from the printer to the computer
to eliminate a 3rd party device (HUB, switch-box, etc)
If connected parallel, have you added any other devices (scanners, other
printers, zip drives, etc)?
Try a different cable (yes...cables do fail)

Does this happen no matter what document you try to print?

If all the above check OK, Have you completely uninstalled and reinstalled
the driver?

onitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have XP os. After a long use of the above printer it suddenly
> started to make problems. The symptom is that it prints only one line
> of gibrish on every start of page. I have tried may ways to solve the
> problem. I'm sure that the problem is in the computer, because the
> printer works well with another computer. I have also tried to update
> the driver, but nothing helped.
>
> need your help,
> thanks in advance.
>
> onitz