.dat files

I am trying to clean up my cumputer by going though each
file and seeing what they are. I am haveing problems with
windows not able to open .dat files. It says select a
program from the list and none of them work.

Thanks,
Dave
2 answers Last reply
More about files

    Hi Dave

    ..DAT (data) files could be used by any program. If altered at all the
    program that uses them may not function properly. They are meant to be
    opened as individual files.

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to clean up my cumputer by going though each
    > file and seeing what they are. I am haveing problems with
    > windows not able to open .dat files. It says select a
    > program from the list and none of them work.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dave

    Sorry - I need to rephrase.

    Instead of "They are meant to be opened as individual files." - please read
    "They are *not *meant to be opened as individual files."

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to clean up my cumputer by going though each
    > file and seeing what they are. I am haveing problems with
    > windows not able to open .dat files. It says select a
    > program from the list and none of them work.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dave

Microsoft Windows XP