.dat files

August 18, 2004 2:00:05 PM

I am trying to clean up my cumputer by going though each
file and seeing what they are. I am haveing problems with
windows not able to open .dat files. It says select a
program from the list and none of them work.

Thanks,
Dave

More about : dat files

Anonymous
August 18, 2004 10:07:53 PM

Hi Dave

..DAT (data) files could be used by any program. If altered at all the
program that uses them may not function properly. They are meant to be
opened as individual files.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to clean up my cumputer by going though each
> file and seeing what they are. I am haveing problems with
> windows not able to open .dat files. It says select a
> program from the list and none of them work.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave
Anonymous
August 18, 2004 10:39:44 PM

Sorry - I need to rephrase.

Instead of "They are meant to be opened as individual files." - please read
"They are *not *meant to be opened as individual files."

--

!