Windows Server 2003 SP1 & thintune client problems...

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Installed windows 2003 server sp1 and reboot, instantly my Thintune M
thin clients stop connecting. Figure it might be resolved by firmware
update, update clients to version 2.4.43-32-a (latest firmware). this
makes no difference.

The problem looks like what you get when the licencing server is down,
client tries to connect (grey screen) then session gets dumped, repeat
ad inafinatum. Except the icencing server isnt down MS clients conncet
fine as do RDesktop clients form solaris boxes.

Removeing Windows Server 2003 SP 1 and rebooting has resolved the
problem, So I guess its someting odd about SP1 causing the problem.

Anyone here have any ideas why this might have occured and how to
resolve it? Considering I have a seaprate firewall, is there anything in
SP1 I really need?

Luck,

DC

"You can not reason a man out of a position he did not reach through reason"

"Don't use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice."

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is
never sure." Segal's Law
2 answers Last reply
More about windows server 2003 thintune client problems
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

    Hello,

    I think I saw your post on a few web sites...
    We have actually the same kind of problems. But I'm not sure yours are
    related to your thin clients.
    Our problems began immediately after installing SP1 for Win2003 as well.
    Looking around on the web I found other people having exactly the same
    problems with TS working badly after SP1 installation. Some people removed
    SP1 and it worked again.

    From what I saw on the other posts around, here are some common symptoms:
    TS worked perfectly before SP1.
    TS began to give problems immediately after SP1.
    TS sometimes establishes the connection, but hangs or drops it (or freezes).
    If we establish a connection from the DC (or another computer inside the
    network ?) to the TS server, this works fine. Problems arise when the
    connection is made from outside.

    Questions and suggestions...
    Could this be related to ISA server compliancy with Win2003 SP1 ? I saw a
    few posts about this too. (We use ISA).
    Could this be related to negociation between the TS server and the license
    server ? It seems that RDP has been modified in SP1.

    Any comments are welcome...

    Eric

    "DC" wrote:

    > Installed windows 2003 server sp1 and reboot, instantly my Thintune M
    > thin clients stop connecting. Figure it might be resolved by firmware
    > update, update clients to version 2.4.43-32-a (latest firmware). this
    > makes no difference.
    >
    > The problem looks like what you get when the licencing server is down,
    > client tries to connect (grey screen) then session gets dumped, repeat
    > ad inafinatum. Except the icencing server isnt down MS clients conncet
    > fine as do RDesktop clients form solaris boxes.
    >
    > Removeing Windows Server 2003 SP 1 and rebooting has resolved the
    > problem, So I guess its someting odd about SP1 causing the problem.
    >
    > Anyone here have any ideas why this might have occured and how to
    > resolve it? Considering I have a seaprate firewall, is there anything in
    > SP1 I really need?
    >
    > Luck,
    >
    > DC
    >
    > "You can not reason a man out of a position he did not reach through reason"
    >
    > "Don't use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice."
    >
    > "A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is
    > never sure." Segal's Law

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

    Thintune, have responded saying that its a known issue relating to rdp
    in sp1 and their current thintune M firmware version. Apparently a fix
    willl be forthcoming over the next month or so.

    Sory I cant be of much more help

    DC

    "You can not reason a man out of a position he did not reach through reason"

    "Don't use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice."

    "A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is
    never sure." Segal's Law

Windows Server 2003 Servers Windows