Applying Windows XP Theme to Group Policies

mark

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.user (More info?)

Hi,

We currently have Windows Server 2003 which clients connect to via Remote
Desktop - the theme display is set to Windows XP (which is seen when loggin
via Administrator) but when the clients log in, they have the Windows
Classic Theme applied.

End users do not have any access to the Desktop as an applicate
automatically starts as soon as they logon but how do we apply the Windows
XP Display Theme to a Group Policy?

tp

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.user (More info?)

This is set in the group policy under:

User\Admin\Control Panel\Display\Desktop Themes

You want Luna, instructions are provided on the setting.

Some requirements:

Themes service must be enabled and running.
Server must allow high color or better connections.
Clients must connect using high color or better.
Clients must enable Themes on the Experience tab.

Keep in mind that high color connections use more
bandwidth, and "themed" windows draw a little
slower. Other related items like menu & window
animation, window dragging, wallpaper, sound,
etc., also have an impact on speed, bandwidth, and
resource use.

It is a good idea to test thoroughly to see how this
will impact your specific environment.

Thanks.

-TP