Outlook not terminating under Terminal Server

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

We have two Terminal Servers, one running W2K Server SP4, the other W2K3
Server SP1.
Both using Office 2000 (current patches)
Outlook 2000 SR-1 on both systems exhibits the same problem-
When closed, MAPISP32.EXE and OUTLOOK.EXE remain in memory for the users
process.
If they run Outlook again, another instance of OUTLOOK.EXE is loaded in
memory.

While Outlook itself works without problem, it can cause a number of other
issues, from the minor multiple new mail notifications in the system tray to
add-ins that do not work.

The only way for the user to resolve this is to either remember to leave
Outlook open or if they do close it then they must logout/back in to TS.

Has anyone else seen this issue / know of a solution - or is it just a known
issue?

seth

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

are either of these terminal servers running exchange?

"T OPry" <topry@nospam.com> wrote in message
> We have two Terminal Servers, one running W2K Server SP4, the other W2K3
> Server SP1.
> Both using Office 2000 (current patches)
> Outlook 2000 SR-1 on both systems exhibits the same problem-
> When closed, MAPISP32.EXE and OUTLOOK.EXE remain in memory for the users
> process.
> If they run Outlook again, another instance of OUTLOOK.EXE is loaded in
> memory.
>
> While Outlook itself works without problem, it can cause a number of other
> issues, from the minor multiple new mail notifications in the system tray
> add-ins that do not work.
>
> The only way for the user to resolve this is to either remember to leave
> Outlook open or if they do close it then they must logout/back in to TS.
>
> Has anyone else seen this issue / know of a solution - or is it just a
> known
> issue?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

No - Exchange is on a separate server.

"T OPry" wrote:
> No - Exchange is on a separate server.
>
> "seth" <me@myhouse.com> wrote in message
> > are either of these terminal servers running exchange?
> >
> > "T OPry" <topry@nospam.com> wrote in message
>  >> We have two Terminal Servers, one running W2K Server
> SP4, the other W2K3
>  >> Server SP1.
>  >> Both using Office 2000 (current patches)
>  >> Outlook 2000 SR-1 on both systems exhibits the same
> problem-
>  >> When closed, MAPISP32.EXE and OUTLOOK.EXE remain in
> memory for the users
>  >> process.
>  >> If they run Outlook again, another instance of
> OUTLOOK.EXE is loaded in
>  >> memory.
>  >>
>  >> While Outlook itself works without problem, it can
> cause a number of
>  >> other
>  >> issues, from the minor multiple new mail
> notifications in the system tray
>  >> add-ins that do not work.
>  >>
>  >> The only way for the user to resolve this is to
> either remember to leave
>  >> Outlook open or if they do close it then they must
> logout/back in to TS.
>  >>
>  >> Has anyone else seen this issue / know of a solution
> - or is it just a
>  >> known
>  >> issue?
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>

I am having the same problem with this. I run three terminal servers
on 2003 server each with office 2000. Two thinngs that i have done
which may have caused this two happen.
1) upgraded office 2000 on one machine to office 2003.
2) I was also using roaming profiles which could have spead tyhe
problem to the other machines..

I have since downgraded office and removed roaming profiles. However
the problem is still there and I have rebuilt one server to find out
that the problem is still there. I feel that the problem is being
copied from the users local machine to the terminal server when they
logon.

HELP as i have not resolved this issue.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Terminal-Server-Outlook-terminating-ftopict360670.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1706085