TS 2003 - SQL Tweaks

Mike

Splendid
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Hi all,

I Have a 2003 Terminal server that is part of a 2K domain. When ever a user
logs in and uses software that connects to SQL 2000 server in the domain the
performance is very bad. even over LAN.

When logging in from a normal LAN XP client, the network the performance of
the SQL based software is much faster. Because of this I dont think its a
problem with the SQL 2000 server but Mabye something that needs tweaking on
the TS2003 server.

In short does anyone know of some tweaks for 2003 Terminal server to get it
to work well with SQL 2000 server connections.

The server has a maximum of 4 people connected to it. it is running pretty
much desktop processor / motherboard (2.2 ghz / 333 FSB) with 1.5 GB RAM and
a S-ATA disk.

Regards,

Mike.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

As far as performance goes, what is the user seeing? Is data slow to appear
on the screen?

Have you tried running this application from the console of the terminal
server to see if the same performance is seen (this will isolate the problem
to either be the server or just terminal services)? Also, does the
performance of the application change depending on the user of the
application?

-M

"Mike" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I Have a 2003 Terminal server that is part of a 2K domain. When ever a user
> logs in and uses software that connects to SQL 2000 server in the domain the
> performance is very bad. even over LAN.
>
> When logging in from a normal LAN XP client, the network the performance of
> the SQL based software is much faster. Because of this I dont think its a
> problem with the SQL 2000 server but Mabye something that needs tweaking on
> the TS2003 server.
>
> In short does anyone know of some tweaks for 2003 Terminal server to get it
> to work well with SQL 2000 server connections.
>
> The server has a maximum of 4 people connected to it. it is running pretty
> much desktop processor / motherboard (2.2 ghz / 333 FSB) with 1.5 GB RAM and
> a S-ATA disk.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike.

TRENDING THREADS