Tracking IP Addresses

mario

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

We would like to track all the attempted logins on out Terminal server.
Whether they are successful or not. Basically we need to know if someone is
trying to hack in.

we are using Windows 2003 and Windows 2000 Terminal Services

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

If you enable auditing of security events, you will see all logon and
logoff events in the Security tab of the EventLog on the TS.

You can filter and export these events once a month to a tab-
delimited textfile for further processing.

Or you could make your own, very simple logon report by adding a line
to your TS-specific login script:

echo %username% %clientname% %date% %time% >> logon.log

--
Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server