Linksys Psus4 Help

gahleon

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
Well I have one that I cannot figure out for the life of me and I wonder if there are any l33t people out there who know print servers. I dont have much hope of anyone here figuring out what to do but I figure that I would ask. I have a Psus4 and a hp5550. The print server is hardwired to the wrt54g router. For some reason when I set it up and print the printer will print for a second and then freeze with the lights on the print server and on the printer blinking. It is like the printer is getting confused. It will print however if i am in the printserver options and tell it to print a test page it works flawlessly. I cant figure out what the problem is and the morons at linksys are confused and same with hp. Not surprised there!

bradleee

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Try setting up the printer on your client machine to use jetdirect on port 9100. This means you must define a new printer port as a standard tcp/ip printer with your printserver's ip address. I have the psus4 hooked up to an hp laserjet 3015 and I use this method to print.

-Brad