Andy

i bought 3 epson 880s brand new about 3 years ago - i have just unsealed and
installed the last 1 and the photo is getting sent to the printer but
nothing is being printed on the paper apart from occasionally a few blue
lines - i have tried a couple of different inks and still no good - can any1
give me any ideas

clarky1@ntlworld.com

The first time the printer is used, it should have gone through a rather
long purge process.. was this interrupted in some manner?

Epson printers are packaged with the heads filled with a glycol solution
(It's usually pink). If this dried up over the years you have had the
printer in storage, the residue might have clogged the heads. If so,
the inks MAY begin to dissolve the residue, but I would recommend using
an ammoniated window cleaner used both in a cleaning cartridge and
cleaning the underside of the printer heads as well, and also within the
cleaning station to make sure the seal is good to purge the heads
properly.

If you email me privately, I can send you some instructions on making
cleaning cartridges and how to clean the underhead location.

Art