SD Camera for Dell Axim x3i

September 6, 2004 1:07:34 AM

Does anyone know of any other brands besides Veo that makes a digital camera
for the pocketpc?

As well, I've been doing a little searching and I noticed the HP photosmart
mobile
camera's seem to have the same design/specs as the VEO.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpdirect/shopping/sc...
product_detail_view.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1219261083.1094443626@@@@&BV_Engine
ID=cccfadcmhgkmddicfngcfkmdfondfgg.0&product_code=FA185A%23ABA&catLevel=2

Has anybody tried the HP camera on a Dell axim x3i or know if it will work?

-B

More about : camera dell axim x3i

Anonymous
September 6, 2004 12:19:37 PM

The HP cam is the identical device but costs more.
Buy the Veo if a badge is your only discriminator.

The HP comes with software (which you can download) that works with
the Veo camera, if you need an alternative software. There's no
difference between them apart from price (the Veo works with the MS
Portrait drivers for the photosmart camera, as it's just rebadged for
HP).

I did a review for Aximsite on the Veo camera, you might take a look :
http://www.aximsite.com/reviews/index.php?qid=188&fromm...

Somebody on Expansys also had the Pretec SDIO Smartcam working with
the Dell X30/624 PPC http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=111190

It doesn't have the tilting lens though (180' swivel) that you get on
the Veo. I'm not too sure about the software either.

PS - Watch the manual focus ring on the Veo, it's easy to get the
pictures with the wrong focus by mistake, and difficult on the PPC
screen to see if they're in focus when you take the shot.

HTH
Cheers - Neil

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 21:07:34 -0700, "BL" <b_lum81@telus.net> wrote:

>Does anyone know of any other brands besides Veo that makes a digital camera
>for the pocketpc?
>
>As well, I've been doing a little searching and I noticed the HP photosmart
>mobile
>camera's seem to have the same design/specs as the VEO.
>
>http://www.shopping.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpdirect/shopping/sc...
>product_detail_view.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1219261083.1094443626@@@@&BV_Engine
>ID=cccfadcmhgkmddicfngcfkmdfondfgg.0&product_code=FA185A%23ABA&catLevel=2
>
>Has anybody tried the HP camera on a Dell axim x3i or know if it will work?
>

>-B

September 6, 2004 12:19:38 PM

Thanks for your reply Neil! Thats basically all I needed to hear. Found a
pretty decent deal on the HP cam which is a little cheaper than getting the
Veo. Your review is pretty informative as well! :)

Thanks again for your help!

/

!