WindowsUpdate - stop

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.user (More info?)

I have public library patrons access TS with thin-clients.
Every x days, IE will launch into windows update -- it errors because the
users do not have the correct security assigned. How can I stop IE from
running windows update every x days on these thin-clients?

GPO
"User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows
Update" is enabled.

TIA

Have fun!

greg

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.user (More info?)

Check the settings under Computer Configuration

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"greg crockett" <gscrockett@hotmail.com> wrote on 05 maj 2005 in