Foxpro application on a W2k3 terminal server.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Hello,

Does anyone know what might be wrong?

We have a Dual-Xeon windows2003 terminal server. All is working fine except
one application that has been made in Foxpro. This works well 'till all of a
sudden it freezes and stops responding. I can start the same application
without a problem again in the same session next to the frozen application.
I installed Tame Dos and tried some settings. Their helpdesk is willing to
help but it's difficult to provide them with information (a tracedump, it
just doesn't happen often enough to make a dump....)

I read somewhere this might be caused when Hyperthreading is on and/or
Opportunistic locking is still enabled.

Did anyone have the same problem and found a solution?

Thanks!

Gabriel Hakvoort.
2 answers Last reply
More about foxpro application w2k3 terminal server
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

    Op Wed, 8 Jun 2005 15:47:31 +0200 schreef "Gabriel Hakvoort"
    <ghakvoort@euronet.nl>:

    >Hello,
    >Does anyone know what might be wrong?

    People, think again about answering this guy.
    He reacts pretty abusive if given an answer he does not like.
    http://groups.google.nl/group/microsoft.public.nl.windowsxp.pro/browse_thread/thread/c905647ac95f3c75/ffedf513e55a7dbe?q=%22Gabriel+Hakvoort%22&rnum=1&hl=nl#ffedf513e55a7dbe
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

    I've stopped answering people in Dutch newsgroups altogether, since
    I found the general atmosphere there very negative.
    Seemed that most people were doing their utmost to find errors and
    mistakes in other peoples answers.

    That said, I can't find Gabriel Hakvoorts post there "abusive".
    Clumsy at the most, since he's not likely to get more help, but not
    different in tone than the bulk of posts.

    But warning people in totally unrelated newsgroups for him, like
    you are doing here, is *not* going to give you high marks on my
    list of sympathetic posters.

    Vera Noest
    http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
    ___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

    "Hallo@allemaal" <Niet@ .com> wrote on 08 jun 2005 in
    microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc:

    > Op Wed, 8 Jun 2005 15:47:31 +0200 schreef "Gabriel Hakvoort"
    > <ghakvoort@euronet.nl>:
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>Does anyone know what might be wrong?
    >
    > People, think again about answering this guy.
    > He reacts pretty abusive if given an answer he does not like.
    > http://groups.google.nl/group/microsoft.public.nl.windowsxp.pro/b
    > rowse_thread/thread/c905647ac95f3c75/ffedf513e55a7dbe?q=%22Gabrie
    > l+Hakvoort%22&rnum=1&hl=nl#ffedf513e55a7dbe

Windows Server 2003 Microsoft Terminal Server Windows