psp10 on amdx2

me1234

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
does anyone have problems with paint shop pro 10, 9, and so on a amdx2?
i have an amd x2 3800+, msi k8n sli platinum, 1gb ddr corsair xms c2pt, leadtek gf7800 gt. when i try to install psp it gets to the end and it just hangs on registering modules. if i go in task manager there's an app msiexec.exe which uses 50% cpu [one core], if i close this it finishes the install, but then when i try to run psp i get the screen with starting up and it doesn't do anything [psp.exe uses 50% cpu] :?:

jocksteeluk

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
you may need a patch for your x2 athlon as certain softwares dont utilise the second core but im not totaly sure is psp is one of them. Quick queststion whats the longest you have left it hanging for before you close that task?

me1234

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
i left the app hanging for about a minute or 2 and in this time nothing happened, also i go the a patch for psp10 or 9 and i can't even install the patch. also the latest driver from nvidia said that it solves the problem with psp not working on dual core, but still doesn't. i don't know what to do psp is my favourite image editing software, i've been using it since version 3 or something since i had a 386

jocksteeluk

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
Try to leave it for a around 5 minutes from the sounds of it its only using 1 core of the cpu to install the software so it may take a while registering failing that you may have to wait for new drivers to solve this possibly Amd only problem