Special characters...

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Some time now (maybe the last year or so) I have a problem when being in a
TerminalServer session to type special characters.

The characters are especially \ { } [ ] $ - sometimes I manage to use
them but most of the time it don't work.

Being a programmer it is really a problem not having them.

This is not only experienced by me - also friends have the same, not on
everywhere but very common. It seems it is related to the server rather than
the client since some clients don't have the problem on the same server as
other clients always have the problem.

The servers are Windows 2000 and Windows 2003

Grateful for any help

Owe

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Hi Owe,

Most likely you tried this but....

Maybe the keyboard layout is wrong in the terminal session or does not match
your keyboard?

Gabriel.

"Owe Armandt" <owe@armandt.se> schreef in bericht
> Some time now (maybe the last year or so) I have a problem when being in a
> TerminalServer session to type special characters.
>
> The characters are especially \ { } [ ] $ - sometimes I manage to use
> them but most of the time it don't work.
>
> Being a programmer it is really a problem not having them.
>
> This is not only experienced by me - also friends have the same, not on
> everywhere but very common. It seems it is related to the server rather
> than the client since some clients don't have the problem on the same
> server as other clients always have the problem.
>
> The servers are Windows 2000 and Windows 2003
>
> Grateful for any help
>

> Owe

TRENDING THREADS