centrinos - currys new advert

hum,

am i the onlyone who noticed that on the new currys or actuly might be
dixons advert they mention that centrino laptops will get you a
wireless internet connection where ever you are what they fail to
mention is that you have to be within 30m of a wireless router i looked
at the bottom of the screen to see if it explaied this at all but no...
this is very miss leading the amount of people that ask me about this
amazing wireless internet connction you can get anywhere it dose not
exsist ....

the only truely wireless internet is with mobile phone cards this is
expensive and i am sure currys/dixons dont provide these cards whith
there laptops

just a moan annoys me thats all

just me?

"pragi" <pragi_uk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> hum,
>
> am i the onlyone who noticed that on the new currys or actuly might be
> dixons advert they mention that centrino laptops will get you a
> wireless internet connection where ever you are what they fail to
> mention is that you have to be within 30m of a wireless router i looked
> at the bottom of the screen to see if it explaied this at all but no...
> this is very miss leading the amount of people that ask me about this
> amazing wireless internet connction you can get anywhere it dose not
> exsist ....
>
> the only truely wireless internet is with mobile phone cards this is
> expensive and i am sure currys/dixons dont provide these cards whith
> there laptops
>
> just a moan annoys me thats all
>
> just me?

You are not alone. Yip, it's a moan, but with good reason. My sister had
ordered one and believed it would just pick the internet "out of the air."
She was annoyed when I explained to her!

Tony

> > the only truely wireless internet is with mobile phone cards this is
> > expensive and i am sure currys/dixons dont provide these cards whith
> > there laptops
> >
> > just a moan annoys me thats all
> >
> > just me?

As a local independent computer shop, I would like to point out that
late at night my bricks gets cold and all my windows frost over.
This isn't helped at all by drunken bums going for a wee on my door and
farting through the letterbox.

Have any other buildings noticed this total lack of respect?