MSRDP Client - Advance settings option

ashishk

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.rdp (More info?)

We are using Terminal Services for our demo application, we have connect and
use terminal client successfully, now we want to usg following option using
msrdp.ocx

1. Turn off the desktop background setting on the RDP client.
2. Turn off the 'Show contents of window while dragging'.
3. Turn off the 'Menu and window animation'.
4. Turn off 'Themes'.
5. Leave 'Bitmap Caching' disabled

Can any one please let us know hoe we can handle these paramater?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.protocols.rdp (More info?)

Hi Ashish,

I'm afraid I don't have the exact answer you're looking for but hope it'll
help...

The first 4 items you can configure in the terminal session itself by
right-clicking the desktop and do as you're used to in XP etc. The fifth
item I can't help you with. Is it really important? I always like to keep it
switched on.

I took a quick peek in the source of the website and there are some things
you can change. Maybe you can have a look for yourself to see if you can
find something of interest?

Good luck!

Gabriel.