Problem with my first athlon system

Hello.

Here is my specs:

Athlon 4000+ Clawhammer
Asus A8N-SLI Premium (Bios 1009)
2GB OCZ DDR400 Platinum (2 3 2 5)
XFX Nvidia 7800GT 256MB
WinXP SP2

My old system was P4 3.2Ghz 1GB PC3200 Corsair (XMS)
with AGP ATI X800

Problem:
I play an online MMORPG (Dark age of Camelot) and with my old computer I was able to have 2 instences (sp?) of the game running in window mode with NO lag.
On my new system I cant run anything else besides the game. While in window mode on my athlon I cant even search the internet if the game is going. If I stream some video or audio over the net, it becomes choppy and lags.

It's becomming really annoying and wondering what I can do to resolve it.

Any suggestions would be awsome!!

Thanks in advance!!
5 answers Last reply
More about problem athlon system
  1. Quote:
    Hello.

Here is my specs:

Athlon 4000+ Clawhammer
    Asus A8N-SLI Premium (Bios 1009)
    2GB OCZ DDR400 Platinum (2 3 2 5)
    XFX Nvidia 7800GT 256MB
    WinXP SP2

My old system was P4 3.2Ghz 1GB PC3200 Corsair (XMS)
    with AGP ATI X800

Problem:
    I play an online MMORPG (Dark age of Camelot) and with my old computer I was able to have 2 instences (sp?) of the game running in window mode with NO lag.
    On my new system I cant run anything else besides the game. While in window mode on my athlon I cant even search the internet if the game is going. If I stream some video or audio over the net, it becomes choppy and lags.

It's becomming really annoying and wondering what I can do to resolve it.

Any suggestions would be awsome!!

Thanks in advance!!

it shouldnt be that bad, the P4 probably had Hyper threading, which would of help running two instances.
  2. its horrible...

any ideas on what I can do to fix the issues? I dont care if I need to purchase something.. as long as it fixes the problems.

It just seems that any kind of multi-tasking is impossible
  3. Hi mate, the only way you will be able to fix that is to change your cpu to one of the x2 athlons, the second core acts like hyprthreading on some older applications and games but others it wont, new stuff i exspect will fully support dual core technology though. Non of the Amd cpu's have hyperthreading so only a x2 athlon will do the trick for yah.
  4. I don't think it is an hardware issue.. Did you install motherboard drivers? Are you using nvidia firewall?
  5. yes i've installed all MB drivers (and NVidia drivers) and no I'm not use'n nvidia firewall
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Games