Solved

Mobile Hotamail/MSN Device Connections

September 6, 2004 3:18:40 AM

I have a pocket PC (toshiba e740) with Windows mobile
2002.. firstly while i can connect to the internet
thought the updated active sync.. and browse fairly
well.. I cannot "sign in" at the MSN Mobile hotmail
site.. password and address are confirmed correct... but
it tells me time and time again that "the page you are
looking for cannot be found"...

Whats more... MSN messenger (also updated) cannot confirm
proper user name and passwords.. i know this might seem
like a simple case of "are you sure u spelled it
right?"... but i have attempted the same keystrokes
countless times motion for motion on my desktop at the
same time... with the result of a connection on my
desktop and nothing on the mobile device... if you have
any helpful hints for me.. please email :)  thanks :)

(oh i know u have to enable mobile devices thru MSN
Messenger desktop... and i have)

Thank you for your help

Mark
September 6, 2004 2:37:31 PM

Additional... I've been told that Java doesn't work on
the Toshiba e740.. if that is why I cannot connect to
hotmail email? Why bother having a mobile hotmail
connection page if most pocket pc's don't support java
buttons? Was this guy kidding me?

Mark
0

Best solution

Anonymous
September 7, 2004 5:32:09 AM

A Java VM is not installed by default in Pocket PC's, but is available.
I for instance, use the Jeode JVM plugin for Pocket IE and Hotmail works
for me like that.
I'll have to dig for a link that has a list of PPC JVM's available.

~S.

"Mark" <paris03@yorku.ca> wrote in news:6e8401c49438$2fdcdea0
$a301280a@phx.gbl:

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

Here is the list I mentioned:

http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/users/fittond/ppc...

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition Petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/HPWMK3SE/petition.html
10790 Total Signatures on Monday, Sep. 6th 2004!
HP 'Windows Mobile 2003 SE Support' Forum:
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer...
0
September 7, 2004 3:16:16 PM

People usually run into this problem after a ROM upgrade when they restore
from a backup taken with the previous ROM version and is caused by corrupted
encryption files or settings. The only sure fire cure for this is a hard
reset but do this at your own risk, save all your documents and make sure
you can re-install all your software.
Adrian

"Mark Domander" <paris03@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a pocket PC (toshiba e740) with Windows mobile
> 2002.. firstly while i can connect to the internet
> thought the updated active sync.. and browse fairly
> well.. I cannot "sign in" at the MSN Mobile hotmail
> site.. password and address are confirmed correct... but
> it tells me time and time again that "the page you are
> looking for cannot be found"...
>
> Whats more... MSN messenger (also updated) cannot confirm
> proper user name and passwords.. i know this might seem
> like a simple case of "are you sure u spelled it
> right?"... but i have attempted the same keystrokes
> countless times motion for motion on my desktop at the
> same time... with the result of a connection on my
> desktop and nothing on the mobile device... if you have
> any helpful hints for me.. please email :)  thanks :)
>
> (oh i know u have to enable mobile devices thru MSN
> Messenger desktop... and i have)
>
> Thank you for your help
>
> Mark
0
November 26, 2008 8:18:58 AM

hi hw r u lol :wahoo:
0
November 26, 2008 8:20:19 AM

yyyy ygg yt6y
0
May 3, 2009 11:59:47 PM

:)  hi
yeah it is most likely the case of that the pocket pc you have doesnt have java script
glad to see people are so helpful on sites like these :L

urmm my friend has mobile msn but she has the really old version were personal messages dont show up and stuff like that.. i was wondering do you know where she could get the upgrade because it would help so much :)  because she is alwasy taking my phone to go on msn on mine :L
Quote:
hey georgia let me go on your phone COME ON! you know my msn is rubbish.

TRUST ME its annoying

please help
thank you :D
Georgia x