Epson Stylus C80 won't print black

Ran out of black ink.
Installed new cartridge.
Afterwards black will not print.
Other colors do print.
Tried printer test with unit disconnected from computer and it still
fails on black.
Any suggestions.
Thanks,
Herb
3 answers Last reply
More about epson stylus print black

    black heads are clogged.

    "Herbert C Lebovitz" <lebovitz@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message
    > Ran out of black ink.
    > Installed new cartridge.
    > Afterwards black will not print.
    > Other colors do print.
    > Tried printer test with unit disconnected from computer and it still
    > fails on black.
    > Any suggestions.
    > Thanks,
    > Herb

    Take the old cartridge - fill it with either Windex (UK Windolene) which is
    a window cleaning fluid. Some shower degreasers do just as well. They all
    contain ammonia which disperses dried or congealed ink. The print some windy
    pages to clean the head from within. A 10:1 mix of household ammonia with
    distilled water where possible works as well as a solvent for dye and
    pigmented inks. You may need obviously to reset the feared Epson chip if it
    states empty.
    Tony
    --
    Spit less spotlets - spotless inkjet prints...
    http://www.inkylinkusa.com 30% more ink

    > Many thanks to Art and Tony.
    > Printer now works properly.
    > I'll save the instructions.
    > Herb
    Great. I'm still using the C80 for invoices and waterproof :-)delivery
    notes, and its been the single best printer over some 3 years we've ever
    owned.
    Tony

    --
    Spit less spotlets - spotless inkjet prints...
    http://www.inkylinkusa.com 30% more ink

Printers Stylus Connection Epson Peripherals