Epson Stylus C80 won't print black

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 3, 2004 12:00:35 PM

Ran out of black ink.
Installed new cartridge.
Afterwards black will not print.
Other colors do print.
Tried printer test with unit disconnected from computer and it still
fails on black.
Any suggestions.
Thanks,
Herb
Anonymous
November 3, 2004 10:27:09 PM

black heads are clogged.
November 4, 2004 3:31:27 AM

"Herbert C Lebovitz" <lebovitz@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message
> Ran out of black ink.
> Installed new cartridge.
> Afterwards black will not print.
> Other colors do print.
> Tried printer test with unit disconnected from computer and it still
> fails on black.
> Any suggestions.
> Thanks,
> Herb

Take the old cartridge - fill it with either Windex (UK Windolene) which is
a window cleaning fluid. Some shower degreasers do just as well. They all
contain ammonia which disperses dried or congealed ink. The print some windy
pages to clean the head from within. A 10:1 mix of household ammonia with
distilled water where possible works as well as a solvent for dye and
pigmented inks. You may need obviously to reset the feared Epson chip if it
states empty.
Tony
--
Spit less spotlets - spotless inkjet prints...
http://www.inkylinkusa.com 30% more ink

> Many thanks to Art and Tony.
> Printer now works properly.
> I'll save the instructions.
> Herb
Great. I'm still using the C80 for invoices and waterproof :-)delivery
notes, and its been the single best printer over some 3 years we've ever
owned.
Tony

--
!