Win srv 2003, maddening com port redirect problem

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

I'm hoping someone has seen this before, its driving me crazy.

I have 4 servers runnning win2003, 2 of them cannot map com ports correctly
inside of terminal services. I cannot find any noteworthy differences
between them.

When opening up Windows explorer, the local server c-drive will be shown as
" Com1 on 'tsclient' (C:) "
as if it keeps trying to map a local SATA drive as a com port.

A NET USE command reflects this as
LOCAL= C:
REMOTE= \\tsclient\com1

Troubleshooting via Hyperterminal and a couple other apps give random errors
indicating that either the port is unavailable, or in use by another app.

Has anyone seen anything remotely close that could point me in any direction?

thx,
bob.