dwayne

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

I am connecting to a Windows 2003 Server using Remote Desktop. The client PC
is running Windows XP. No client printers show up on the server.

I have installed the drivers on both server and client.
I have selected connect to printers in RDC logon options

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

RDC can only support printers on the LPT or USB ports. If your printers are
connected to ports like DOTxxxxx, then RDC can't connect without a registry
change.

You would have to do a search on Microsoft for the registry.

Regards,
Tony

"Dwayne" <Dwayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am connecting to a Windows 2003 Server using Remote Desktop. The client
PC
> is running Windows XP. No client printers show up on the server.
>
> I have installed the drivers on both server and client.
> I have selected connect to printers in RDC logon options

dwayne

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

I tried the fix described in KB302361, but it did not solve the problem. I
don't even has TS ports available in the printer ports section. I did have
some TS ports that were labeled as "inactive" but I have tried so many
different things to resolve this that something I did has removed them.