How do I allow normal users to see the system clock?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
September 16, 2005 3:53:42 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

I have a windows 2003 terminal serices box and as an admin user I can se
the system clock on the task bar, but it is not being displayed for
normal or power users. what do I need to change to allow them to see the
taskbar clock?

Thanks in advance,

DC

"You can not reason a man out of a position he did not reach through reason"

"Don't use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice."

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is
never sure." Segal's Law
October 18, 2006 4:39:44 PM

gotta be a policy for it

k, i suggest you set it at the OU level, user based policy, not machine based

gpedit shows: user configuration > administrative templates > start menu and taskbar > "remove clock from the system notification area" make sure it's either not configured or disabled

force the update by either restarting the clients or run gpudate /force