Charlie

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

I've installed W2K3 Terminal server and I have installed TS Licensing on a
DC in my domain. I've registered and activated the TS LIcensing server
(with my enrollment #). I configured to have 300 clients (which our
enrollment allows). When I installed TS on my W2K3 Server I pointed to the
DC that contains the licensing service.

Everything seems to be working except when I log in to the Terminal Server
with a test client, it still shows 300 licenses and 0 issued.

Any idea why?? how do I verify that I'm properly configued and licensed?

Thanks,

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Anything in the EventLog on the Terminal Server?
Did you install Per User or Per Device TS CALs?

If Per User, is the Terminal Server (not the Licensing Server!) set
to use "Per User" licensing? The default is "Per Device".
You can check this from Administrative Tools - Terminal Services
Configuration - Server Settings - Licensing Mode
If it's set to Per Device mode, it will look for a Device TS CAL
and will not issue your Per User TS CALs.

Check this article, it explains that even after you have
switched licensing mode on the TS, your Per User TS CAL count will
not be decremented:

822134 - The Function of Terminal Server CALs in Windows Server
2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822134

Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

"Charlie" <ch0wd0wn@removethis.gmail.com> wrote on 16 sep 2005 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc:

> I've installed W2K3 Terminal server and I have installed TS
> Licensing on a DC in my domain. I've registered and activated
> the TS LIcensing server (with my enrollment #). I configured to
> have 300 clients (which our enrollment allows). When I
> installed TS on my W2K3 Server I pointed to the DC that contains
> the licensing service.
>
> Everything seems to be working except when I log in to the
> Terminal Server with a test client, it still shows 300 licenses
> and 0 issued.
>
> Any idea why?? how do I verify that I'm properly configued and
> licensed?
>
> Thanks,

Charlie

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

I set it PER USER ON the TS server itself when I installed TS on it. Then I
remote desktop to it with my test account and sit there and wait about 20-30
min and I look at the Licensing Manager and I keep hitting refresh.. but it
still shows as 0 licenses issued. =(