Quick Term Svcs Question..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
September 20, 2005 2:04:42 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

How do i save my view settings in AD Users & Computers when i access it
using Terminal Services. We have a mixed environment of Win2k and Win2k3.
I'll connect to a DC (for instance), open Users & Computers, and then make
changes to the console like checking "Advanced Features" and changing the
filter options to show 4000 users instead of the default 2000. When i
reconnect (Term Svc again) to the same server, none of my view settings have
been saved and they're all back to the defaults.

Thanks in advance!
jim
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 2:04:43 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

I make permanent changes to files like this by opening them in AUTHOR mode
in the MMC then saving them.

"jim" <jim@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
news:o K3znxevFHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> How do i save my view settings in AD Users & Computers when i access it
> using Terminal Services. We have a mixed environment of Win2k and Win2k3.
> I'll connect to a DC (for instance), open Users & Computers, and then make
> changes to the console like checking "Advanced Features" and changing the
> filter options to show 4000 users instead of the default 2000. When i
> reconnect (Term Svc again) to the same server, none of my view settings
> have been saved and they're all back to the defaults.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> jim

September 20, 2005 3:21:14 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

I'd rather not create a new MMC. I just want to save the default AD Users &
Computers so that it will always show "advanced features" and always list
4000 objects.

Isn't there a registry hack for this? ..Or possibly an LDAP modification?

!