  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
September 20, 2005 2:04:42 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

How do i save my view settings in AD Users & Computers when i access it
using Terminal Services. We have a mixed environment of Win2k and Win2k3.
I'll connect to a DC (for instance), open Users & Computers, and then make
changes to the console like checking "Advanced Features" and changing the
filter options to show 4000 users instead of the default 2000. When i
reconnect (Term Svc again) to the same server, none of my view settings have
been saved and they're all back to the defaults.

Thanks in advance!
jim

More about : quick term svcs question

Anonymous
September 20, 2005 2:04:43 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

I make permanent changes to files like this by opening them in AUTHOR mode
in the MMC then saving them.

"jim" <jim@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
news:o K3znxevFHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> How do i save my view settings in AD Users & Computers when i access it
> using Terminal Services. We have a mixed environment of Win2k and Win2k3.
> I'll connect to a DC (for instance), open Users & Computers, and then make
> changes to the console like checking "Advanced Features" and changing the
> filter options to show 4000 users instead of the default 2000. When i
> reconnect (Term Svc again) to the same server, none of my view settings
> have been saved and they're all back to the defaults.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> jim

September 20, 2005 3:21:14 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

I'd rather not create a new MMC. I just want to save the default AD Users &
Computers so that it will always show "advanced features" and always list
4000 objects.

Isn't there a registry hack for this? ..Or possibly an LDAP modification?

!