Limited or no connectivity Wireless network

I installed a Belkin Wireless network card in a second PC running Win XP
Professional and after a call to Belkin support services, got it working
fine. I simply closed down the PC and when I started it again I get a
"Limited or no connectivity" message. I have also had this problem with my
wireless laptop. (I have a wireless router on this master PC)

Can anyone please suggest what could be causing this and how to fix it?
Thanks in anticipation

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi

It is not clear how your system is connected, "I have a wireless router on
this master PC"???

Usually peer to peer Wireless Network with broadband connection looks like
this: http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg

If you are connected like as above, may be this can help.

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Tony S" <TonyS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I installed a Belkin Wireless network card in a second PC running Win XP
> Professional and after a call to Belkin support services, got it working
> fine. I simply closed down the PC and when I started it again I get a
> "Limited or no connectivity" message. I have also had this problem with my
> wireless laptop. (I have a wireless router on this master PC)
>
> Can anyone please suggest what could be causing this and how to fix it?
> Thanks in anticipation

Hi Jack
Thanks for your help. I'm afraid I didn't make myself very clear. I have a
master PC connected via broadband to the Internet. I also have a wireless
router attached.

In my other PC (slave) I have a wireless network card. I managed
sucessfully to get the two machines connected after a call to Belkin help
line.

I then switched off the "slave" PC and when I switched it back on I got the
message about limited or no connectivity.

Recently I purchased a laptop also with Wi Fi built in. I newtorked this to
the wireless router also successfully but the same thing happened when that
was switched off and back on!

Whats going on please and how can I enable file and printer sharing betweeen
the 2 machines?

Thanks fopr your patience - I'm new to wirless networking

"Jack" wrote:

> Hi
>
> It is not clear how your system is connected, "I have a wireless router on
> this master PC"???
>
> Usually peer to peer Wireless Network with broadband connection looks like
> this: http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg
>
> If you are connected like as above, may be this can help.

> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>

> "Tony S" <TonyS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I installed a Belkin Wireless network card in a second PC running Win XP
> > Professional and after a call to Belkin support services, got it working
> > fine. I simply closed down the PC and when I started it again I get a
> > "Limited or no connectivity" message. I have also had this problem with my
> > wireless laptop. (I have a wireless router on this master PC)
> >
> > Can anyone please suggest what could be causing this and how to fix it?
> > Thanks in anticipation

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi
If your first computer is connected directly to the Modem and the Router is
connected to a second NIC on the main computer. You need to use software
Routing (ICS) between the Modem the first computer and the Router.
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/