Limited or no connectivity Wireless network

I installed a Belkin Wireless network card in a second PC running Win XP
Professional and after a call to Belkin support services, got it working
fine. I simply closed down the PC and when I started it again I get a
"Limited or no connectivity" message. I have also had this problem with my
wireless laptop. (I have a wireless router on this master PC)

Can anyone please suggest what could be causing this and how to fix it?
Thanks in anticipation
3 answers Last reply
More about limited connectivity wireless network

    Hi

    It is not clear how your system is connected, "I have a wireless router on
    this master PC"???

    Usually peer to peer Wireless Network with broadband connection looks like
    this: http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg

    If you are connected like as above, may be this can help.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Tony S" <TonyS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I installed a Belkin Wireless network card in a second PC running Win XP
    > Professional and after a call to Belkin support services, got it working
    > fine. I simply closed down the PC and when I started it again I get a
    > "Limited or no connectivity" message. I have also had this problem with my
    > wireless laptop. (I have a wireless router on this master PC)
    >
    > Can anyone please suggest what could be causing this and how to fix it?
    > Thanks in anticipation

    Hi Jack
    Thanks for your help. I'm afraid I didn't make myself very clear. I have a
    master PC connected via broadband to the Internet. I also have a wireless
    router attached.

    In my other PC (slave) I have a wireless network card. I managed
    sucessfully to get the two machines connected after a call to Belkin help
    line.

    I then switched off the "slave" PC and when I switched it back on I got the
    message about limited or no connectivity.

    Recently I purchased a laptop also with Wi Fi built in. I newtorked this to
    the wireless router also successfully but the same thing happened when that
    was switched off and back on!

    Whats going on please and how can I enable file and printer sharing betweeen
    the 2 machines?

    Thanks fopr your patience - I'm new to wirless networking

    "Jack" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > It is not clear how your system is connected, "I have a wireless router on
    > this master PC"???
    >
    > Usually peer to peer Wireless Network with broadband connection looks like
    > this: http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg
    >
    > If you are connected like as above, may be this can help.

    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >

    > "Tony S" <TonyS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I installed a Belkin Wireless network card in a second PC running Win XP
    > > Professional and after a call to Belkin support services, got it working
    > > fine. I simply closed down the PC and when I started it again I get a
    > > "Limited or no connectivity" message. I have also had this problem with my
    > > wireless laptop. (I have a wireless router on this master PC)
    > >
    > > Can anyone please suggest what could be causing this and how to fix it?
    > > Thanks in anticipation

    Hi
    If your first computer is connected directly to the Modem and the Router is
    connected to a second NIC on the main computer. You need to use software
    Routing (ICS) between the Modem the first computer and the Router.
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/

    > Hi Jack
    > Thanks for your help. I'm afraid I didn't make myself very clear. I have a
    > master PC connected via broadband to the Internet. I also have a wireless
    > router attached.
    >
    > In my other PC (slave) I have a wireless network card. I managed
    > sucessfully to get the two machines connected after a call to Belkin help
    > line.
    >
    > I then switched off the "slave" PC and when I switched it back on I got
    the
    > message about limited or no connectivity.
    >
    > Recently I purchased a laptop also with Wi Fi built in. I newtorked this
    > the wireless router also successfully but the same thing happened when
    that
    > was switched off and back on!
    >
    > Whats going on please and how can I enable file and printer sharing
    betweeen
    > the 2 machines?
    >
    > Thanks fopr your patience - I'm new to wirless networking
    >
    > "Jack" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > It is not clear how your system is connected, "I have a wireless router
    on
    > > this master PC"???
    > >
    > > Usually peer to peer Wireless Network with broadband connection looks
    like
    > > this: http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg
    > >
    > > If you are connected like as above, may be this can help.
    > >
    > > Wireless - Basic Configuration:
    > >
    > > Wireless Security - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
    > >
    > > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    > >

    > > "Tony S" <TonyS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > I installed a Belkin Wireless network card in a second PC running Win
    XP
    > > > Professional and after a call to Belkin support services, got it
    working
    > > > fine. I simply closed down the PC and when I started it again I get a
    > > > "Limited or no connectivity" message. I have also had this problem
    with my
    > > > wireless laptop. (I have a wireless router on this master PC)
    > > >
    > > > Can anyone please suggest what could be causing this and how to fix
    it?
    > > > Thanks in anticipation

Wireless Connectivity Wireless Network Wireless Networking