Private Folder

August 18, 2004 4:21:07 PM

How do I make just one folder in My Documents private (only I can view it)?

More about : private folder

Anonymous
August 18, 2004 6:50:20 PM

Mia wrote:
> How do I make just one folder in My Documents private (only I can
> view it)?

Mia

Right click the folder and select Properties/Sharing Tab to see the make
private option.

There are several caveats that may make what you see in the properties
dialog box different. See the following articles for information. Post back
to this thread if you have more questions.

You Cannot Select the "Make This Folder Private" Option:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=307286

How to configure file sharing in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=304040

--
Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

Mia <Mia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How do I make just one folder in My Documents private (only I can view it)?

See
"How to Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308418)
"How to Set, View, Change, or Remove Special Permissions for Files and
Folders" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308419).

--
(tm)
!