Private Folder

How do I make just one folder in My Documents private (only I can view it)?
2 answers Last reply
More about private folder

    Mia wrote:
    > How do I make just one folder in My Documents private (only I can
    > view it)?

    Mia

    Right click the folder and select Properties/Sharing Tab to see the make
    private option.

    There are several caveats that may make what you see in the properties
    dialog box different. See the following articles for information. Post back
    to this thread if you have more questions.

    You Cannot Select the "Make This Folder Private" Option:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=307286

    How to configure file sharing in Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=304040

    --
    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    Mia <Mia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >How do I make just one folder in My Documents private (only I can view it)?

    See
    "How to Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308418)
    "How to Set, View, Change, or Remove Special Permissions for Files and
    Folders" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308419).

    --
    (tm)

My Documents Microsoft Windows XP