Sign in with
Your question

2.4D Cel OC to 3.6GHz

Last response: in Overclocking
January 8, 2006 1:48:47 AM

I recently OC a 2.4D Cel to 3.6GHz with default VCore and Intel heatsink. (usually only OC to 3.0GHz)

Rock stable even when playing demanding games :D  and did not overheat 59'C

I must admit I did have the case side panel off but what the heck, it works.

The Intel specs said that max OC is around 3.7GHz havent tried this but must be true as 3.6GHz is OK.

I didn't know that CPU's could be clocked so far without VCore increase above default.

More about : cel 6ghz

January 8, 2006 2:58:54 AM

Wow thats pretty nice... got any pics? :D 
January 14, 2006 3:33:17 PM

Have you tested stability with something like Prime95? I had my CeleronD at 3.6, but fournd that it generated errors in Prime95... Had to back it down to 3.4 GHz.

I used the CeleronD 310 so to run it at 3.4 I can get FSB up over 200... Not bad performance for a $65 chip!
Related resources
a b à CPUs
January 15, 2006 1:03:04 PM

"I recently OC a 2.4D Cel to 3.6GHz with default VCore and Intel heatsink."

Nice OC indeed, percentage-wise...

The only problem with Celerons for gaming, is that a Celeron OC'c at 3.6 Ghz was only tieing a P4 2.4C Northwood in actual framerates delivered.. :-( (Disassociate and smaller L1/L2 cache, etc..)
January 21, 2006 12:47:42 AM

Quote:
Have you tested stability with something like Prime95? I had my CeleronD at 3.6, but fournd that it generated errors in Prime95... Had to back it down to 3.4 GHz.

I used the CeleronD 310 so to run it at 3.4 I can get FSB up over 200... Not bad performance for a $65 chip!

No I did not not test with Prime95, just tested with games - did not crash and BIOS has been set to "HALT" on all errors.

I've backed it down to 3GHz anyway as I don't want to push the CPU to far as it must be near it's limit.

Good value $$$ chip alright.

The next PC I build though will use a AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 939 as they are better for gaming - faster, cooler and slightly cheaper than genuine prescott P4's. But I'am going "against the grain" as I have never had a INTEL CPU fail, and I don't know how reliable AMD CPU's are in normal operation/OC and there length of operating hours before replacement is required.
!